Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Golden party badges at Ratisbons

Article about: Hi all I am surprised by the number of golden nsdap party badges up for auction at Ratisbons. Any concerns? If so any specific ones? Many thx Dk Dan

?

Yes thx a lot.

Munch appreciated. Also all the comments from everybody. I Will place a bid today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Golden party badges at Ratisbons
    P
    Many

?

Good luck! I have a few bids in so hopefully when I return tomorrow I will be lucky.
    Some items have run up already to clown level proportions but hopefully some pieces will end up with the members of this forum.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Good luck! I have a few bids in so hopefully when I return tomorrow I will be lucky.
    Some items have run up already to clown level proportions but hopefully some pieces will end up with the members of this forum.
    I was able to purchase a 1939 pattern Gau Visor in very nice condition; it wasn't that cheap (4100 including surcharge), but now I can complete my 1939 pattern Gau Hauptbereichsleiter Brownshirt with it I also bid on this beautiful RZM silk tie, but it ended up costing a completely idiotic €710! With the surcharge of 24.5%, that's 880 euros! The piece is perhaps worth half as much, but no more. The price of over 11,000 euros each for two Reich-level tunics is also completely excessive. People are totally stupid!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden party badges at Ratisbons  

?

Did anyone here get a Gold Party Badge?

I snagged an EREL enlisted/NCO Luftwaffe visor and have my eye on a couple of unsold lots that I may be tempted by when the premiums reduce.
    There were some insane prices being bid for various items that left me staggered.
    I've already written off most of what I was watching due to the absentee bids being, in some cases laughable.
    But fair play to the consignors and to Ratisbons, they certainly achieve good prices for themselves and their clients if people are willing to spend that sort of money.

?

I was successful on one of the 1925 Gau badges and on the 1923. I understand most of the items were from one collector - a terrific collection to amass. I would have loved to bid on the two party court visors but not this time! One sold for 5000 euros with the premium!

I thought the Ratisbon auction software was top notch too - other than a glitch at the start, it was a well run auction.

John

Here are the badges -

TWS
    ?

Congratulations on your successful bids John.

Me personally... I do not like the new "timed auction" format at Ratisbon's. That's a recent development. Before, each lot crossed the block at a pre-determined time. It used to be at 1 minute intervals per lot, but that got shortened to 40 or 50 seconds a couple years ago. Regardless, it was very handy because an aspiring bidder would know at what exact time(s) the lots they were interested in were going to cross the block and could be back at their computer to enter a last minute bid if they so desired - actually necessary in most cases if one wanted to "win". Now, it seems I'd have to sit, trapped, at my computer watching the auction a lot more. For that reason, plus the recently increased (again!) buyer's premium, plus the crazy bidders (that aspect seemed to start during Covid), and the relatively strong euro I'm on hiatus from Ratisbon's. Sorry if it seems like I'm off on a rant. I was going to give Klaus feedback in person had he'd been at the SOS, but he wasn't. He's a good guy and I'm sure he'd hear me out. However, if these changes work in the best interest of his business my feedback would probably have zero effect.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

I had always believed the O on the party badge had to be round not oval.Looking at this it is not the case.

Looking at the BPB winning bids as well as the Gau Honor badge winning bids it seems the prices have stabilized for these and have done so for some time. Perhaps it was the sheer number of these offered that aided in holding the prices.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Looking at the BPB winning bids as well as the Gau Honor badge winning bids it seems the prices have stabilized for these and have done so for some time. Perhaps it was the sheer number of these offered that aided in holding the prices.
    A noticeable number of GPBs have come onto the market recently. Also Gau honor badges of all kinds. However, I find the prices for these badges to be very high. You should never forget that there is an additional 24.5% premium on top of the price achieved. In any case, I had the feeling for a number of pieces that many bidders had completely lost sight of this 24.5%. In this context, I can certainly understand Todd's quiet criticism; I also find the new format of the live auction taking some getting used to. The way the software is designed makes it very easy for you to make a bid that you didn't want to make because everything happens so quickly. If several bidders bid at the same time, as was the case with the RZM silk tie, for example, then you suddenly see a bid that you didn't want. I wanted to increase my bid on the tie to a maximum of 500 euros, but due to a time delay, it turned out not to be 500, but 610 euros. How glad I was that there were other fools who continued to bid until 710!

Quote by TWS View Post
    Congratulations on your successful bids John.

Me personally... I do not like the new "timed auction" format at Ratisbon's. That's a recent development. Before, each lot crossed the block at a pre-determined time. It used to be at 1 minute intervals per lot, but that got shortened to 40 or 50 seconds a couple years ago. Regardless, it was very handy because an aspiring bidder would know at what exact time(s) the lots they were interested in were going to cross the block and could be back at their computer to enter a last minute bid if they so desired - actually necessary in most cases if one wanted to "win". Now, it seems I'd have to sit, trapped, at my computer watching the auction a lot more. For that reason, plus the recently increased (again!) buyer's premium, plus the crazy bidders (that aspect seemed to start during Covid), and the relatively strong euro I'm on hiatus from Ratisbon's. Sorry if it seems like I'm off on a rant. I was going to give Klaus feedback in person had he'd been at the SOS, but he wasn't. He's a good guy and I'm sure he'd hear me out. However, if these changes work in the best interest of his business my feedback would probably have zero effect.
    I agree entirely Todd.
    I knew Klaus when he used to attend local fairs here in the UK and had some great interaction with him. I continued to buy from him when he moved exclusively online but once the Ratisbons auction thing started I stopped abruptly.

Auctions have their place in the right circumstances but as a collector not an investor I much prefer the traditional process of; "here's the item, this is the price. Do you want it?" followed by consideration and maybe even a bit of a haggle if face to face with the seller resulting in both enjoying the process and both feeling an element of achievement. I do not enjoy the frantic "highest bidder" scenario in which all sense goes out in favour of the lunatic with the deepest pocket and little regard for value beyond the goal of acquisition.

Yes I understand the principle of supply and demand and that a business must make a profit to survive but this sort of thing seems to me to be all about as much profit as possible and little else. Consider just how many good reliable militaria dealers there are with fixed pricing compared to the relatively low number of auction sites.

The premiums are a case in point and to my mind are excessive. Also consider the "unsold lots" which still attract a buyers premium. How does that work? "Here's an item that didn't sell, this is the price but if you want it you still have to actually pay more than the stated price". I'm afraid that simply does not fly! Sorry Klaus.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast