Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

I have gotten my first parteiabzeichen now what should be next

Article about: Ok, I have acquired my first parteiabzeichen and find it an absolutely fascinating object. Its not perfect (there is a chip), its not particularly rare ( M1/102 ranked a seven by the forums

Default I have gotten my first parteiabzeichen now what should be next

Ok, I have acquired my first parteiabzeichen and find it an absolutely fascinating object. Its not perfect (there is a chip), its not particularly rare ( M1/102 ranked a seven by the forums rarity system) but its authentic (at least I'm pretty sure, and if Greenhorn says it looks right that works for me). The pin has the patina of all of what that era represented. Wow, In such a tiny object. Amazing...but now what?
    It seems, from reading the posts on this forum, That one of some thing is not enough. With that in mind: What do people think would be a good next purchase? I don't have the wallet to go after gold anything. I am thinking within these pins what would you get next?

I have gotten my first parteiabzeichen now what should be nextI have gotten my first parteiabzeichen now what should be next

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have gotten my first parteiabzeichen now what should be next
    P
    Many

?

Depends what your interest field is. For me, that continuously changed over the years. Are you interested in political items from the NSDAP, you can purchase a few rally badges which are economical. Parteitagen or labour day pins are fun to collect. You can collect some cap eagles from different periods for example.

Depends - first of all - on how much money you got left over fo' that kind of stuff!

Within the parteiabzeichen realm, why not find a Transitional Period or a Maker marked piece. You will then see the differences that the different eras have to show. My 2 cents.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

That is great advice! Thank you gentlemen. I like the idea of collecting some different eras and also the idea of rally pins (I know nothing of these pins but will do some research). My post, additionally, was to hopefully solicitate some stories of the roads that other collectors have gone down.
    Last edited by Historyrepeates; 04-12-2024 at 02:29 PM.

I started off by collecting medals/awards in my price bracket, which at the time was under £100/ $130. As time went by, I moved up in the price range and then went for mainly infantry/cavalry items

Ditto the above, buy what is affordable & enjoy each piece !
    Paul

It's up to you & your pocket, I Myself buy anything related that I like and is affordable!!!

Regards

Nacho