Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

National sozialistische pin

Article about: I am looking for some information on this badge. I can't seem to find one that looks like this. Any info will help.

Joeprice25
    ?

Default National sozialistische pin

I am looking for some information on this badge. I can't seem to find one that looks like this. Any info will help.National sozialistische pinNational sozialistische pin

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have moved your thread to the correct section of the forum. You should be able to find numerous examples in this section to compare yours with.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Transitional badge - quite desirable Pre RZM Ges.Gesch actually means protected by law. It has a chipped front and a replaced - non periodd catch.....it looks like a small safety pin?

And it looks to be the smaller version?

Still nice though

John said it all, except it's not "transitional" but so-called "early"/pre-1933. Obverse looks good enough despite the chip, shame about the replaced attachment... full size badge (22-23mm)?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    John said it all, except it's not "transitional" but so-called "early"/pre-1933. Obverse looks good enough despite the chip, shame about the replaced attachment... full size badge (22-23mm)?
    Yeah sorry must be my age I said transitional ...... then pre RZM .........I easily confuse myself ....DOH!! 😂

We've all been there... just wanted to correct it so that the OP did not get the era of this badge wrong.

Joeprice25; Early party badges (1920-32) would be like yours, no RZM or maker number, only logo, makers name or simply marked Ges Gesch, a combination of any of the previously mentioned markings or even totally unmarked.
    National sozialistische pinNational sozialistische pin

A transitional variant (approx. 1933-35) would include the RZM and makers number, in the case of Steinhauer u. Lück it would be 63.... so, RZM 63
    As always, variations do exist but this is by and large the general rule for transitionals.

Those coming after the transitional era would have the added M1 prefix

The final era (last few years of ww2) would be marked exactly the the same way as the preceding, only these were produced in zinc (for the most part)/other cheaper alloys due to restrictions on the more valuable previously utilized metals, no enamel--- just painted. I'm sure someone else could provide a photo of one, I do not currently collect those.

Maybe you knew all this from before, in that case disregard. Still, this is largely the way it goes with these badges and hopefully it will prove helpful to some.