Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Early party badge?

Article about: Opinions and information please on this example shown below. Firstly, is it an original? I have not seen a reverse similar to this one before, and have found it difficult to find confirmed o

?

Default NSDAP Early party badge?

Opinions and information please on this example shown below.

Firstly, is it an original? I have not seen a reverse similar to this one before, and have found it difficult to find confirmed original examples to compare this piece with.

Secondly, am I correct in saying that this would be the early example, worn predominantly during the 1920's before the party came to power? If so, that would explain the motto (NUN ERST RECHT / NOW MORE THAN EVER).
    Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Early party badge?  NSDAP Early party badge? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Early party badge?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Early party badge?

Hi Carl, these are circa 1923 to 1934.

These should NEVER be RZM marked.

That is a good original in my opinion.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Ade. I knew that an RZM mark should not be present, I just haven't seen anything quite so bland as the rear of this one. Then again, it was the early days! Thank you for your opinion, and also the information.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Carl-
    I agree with Ade.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thank you Bob

?

Bought it, so this little one will be spending Christmas with us! Thanks again to Bob, and especially Ade.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Carl

According to Michael Tucker's NSDAP Enamel, a 1930 catalog shows this pin is still for sale, with the description "Das Abzeichen der Bürdezeit 1923-1925" (Badge for the times of burden). Price for the badge was .50RM, .42RM for ten or more, and .40RM for 25 pieces or more. If only meine Grossvater had bought 25 for the pittance of 10RM, and left them in a box for me to discover 80 odd years later. "Now all the more" refers to the prohibition of the party after the 1923 München putsch.

?

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    Hi Carl

According to Michael Tucker's NSDAP Enamel, a 1930 catalog shows this pin is still for sale, with the description "Das Abzeichen der Bürdezeit 1923-1925" (Badge for the times of burden). Price for the badge was .50RM, .42RM for ten or more, and .40RM for 25 pieces or more. If only meine Grossvater had bought 25 for the pittance of 10RM, and left them in a box for me to discover 80 odd years later. "Now all the more" refers to the prohibition of the party after the 1923 München putsch.
    Thank you Troy, that's very interesting. And yes, if only one's grandfather had been able to do so eh?

Cheers,

Carl