Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Membership badges

Article about: iv got 4 party badges i think the one on its own in the picture is good but the over 3 may be fake im not sure got them thrown in with some flags i got the guy was not sure either

?

Default NSDAP Membership badges

iv got 4 party badges i think the one on its own in the picture is good
    but the over 3 may be fake im not sure got them thrown in with some
    flags i got the guy was not sure either

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Membership badges
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Membership badges

The one shown on it's own and the one on the right in the triptic both have the coffin shape pin holder which is a sign of a fake badge. The center one appears genuine. The one on the left appears to have quality less than what one expects in the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As usual, Mr Coleman is correct.

The center badge, by Stubbe, is the only authentic piece. The piece on the right, M1/129 is the common overly-domed fake.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

In retrospect

Seeing that this thread is on the first page, isn't very old, and the member that originally posted it should be aware, the most left badge posted in the original post is a fake, as Bob C suggested, and here's the proof.

My below pictured Party badge has been lifted from a fakers website and can be found in cheap forgery sites all over the internet. This is the same badge as posted by the original poster (far left) on this thread. Zoom his pics to see a closeup. This badge is a better quality fake.

None of the photos below are from authentic photos.

Photo 1) Looking carefully at the S in Sozial...you see the large gap between S and O and the S has that odd shape as the orignal posters badge. The shape alone does not make it fake but in this case it does, it's unique to this die. Photo 2 is exactly the same and from the same die.

Photo 2) A common search on the net for NSDAP badges and Ioffer will have plenty of these badges on their site for whatever price they charge. Agian, the same style S and gap is present. My un-numbered closeup photo, below. shows a closeup of the same manufacturing style as pic 1. Pic 2 has better enamel and is more believable, but the font is the same.

Photo 3) Different font than photos 1 & 2 but the manufacturing style is the same as pic 1. Photo 3 was also borrowed from Ioffer and I'd like to give credit where it's due.

Photo 4) Different from the others but just as fake. The gap between S and O is present but the issue here is the S. Notice the Sliced-off ends of the S. Each letter has flat tops and bottoms. Sure, there are many badges with flat letters, I have several, but when you zoom on this badge there are no imperfections to the cut-offs. Authentic badges are not flat under magnification. In case you're not sure, the reverse is marked RZM Ges Gesch (not pictured), we already know these are fake.

The reverse of the OP badge appears to be unmarked and has a pin plate off center. All of this should point to an early period badge and the font does not suggest this at all. The reverse of this badge should be the single most questionable factor.

I thought someone might find this informative. Thanks for reading.

Mark

NSDAP Membership badgesNSDAP Membership badgesNSDAP Membership badgesNSDAP Membership badgesNSDAP Membership badges
    Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Membership badges 
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 01-19-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE