Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Pin M1/152

Article about: Hello, going through my collection and I wanted to show off my NSDAP Pin for your thoughts and opinions. I know M1/152 is made by Franz Jungwirth, Wien. I wanted to know; 1) Is this an origi

Default NSDAP Pin M1/152

Hello, going through my collection and I wanted to show off my NSDAP Pin for your thoughts and opinions. I know M1/152 is made by Franz Jungwirth, Wien. I wanted to know;

1) Is this an original and authentic piece
    2) How rare in your opinion is a NSDAP pin from this maker
    3) Is there a way to determine the year it was produced, or range of years
    4) What is a pin like this worth?

Thanks for any help!

NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Pin M1/152
    P
    Many

Here's more of the back.

NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152NSDAP Pin M1/152

Hi, fellow collector.

First of all, nice Party Badge! Yes it's authentic and it's in really nice condition.

This badge throws a few curveballs, I should say, this maker does but history knowledge answers our questions. Here's why...this is an Austrian RZM badge maker, right? So, from history books we have learned that the NSDAP was a banned Party in Austria in 1933 and badges marked with an RZM came later, 1935, and therefore cannot be prior to 1935. This badge cannot be made prior to 1935, marked in this way, and the Party was banned in 1933. History also teaches us that the NSDAP Party was once again legalized in 1938, in Austria, and badges with RZM markings were well into their production range by this time in Germany. Thus, we can conclude with certainty that this badge was made between 1938-end of war.

This maker's badge is not common, rare is not a measure that has specificity so it's hard to use. There are a couple examples on the "unofficial" thread so it's not impossible to find but it's hard enough! It's scarce in my opinion and I'd buy it if I came across it because I don't have one.

Trying to answer all of your question. Worth? Certain sellers are selling common RZM era badges for $175 and some are higher and some lower. To a knowledgeable seller, I can see his asking another 25 percent on top of that.

Please add your photos to the "unofficial" thread, as this is a nice badge. Thank you

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks for the in depth reply Green...I will add it to the thread. Do you happen to think the pin has been resoldered on? And if so, do you think this affects the value or originality?

Good morning.

Look at the silverwash and how heavy it is across the center of the rear of the badge. This badge was worn, looking at the silverwash pattern it can be seen that the pin plate was the pivot point/fulcrum while worn to wear the top and bottom while protecting the center. This is the correct pin plate and there can be no reason to suggest it’s not the original, in fact there’s evidence to confirm its originality in this example.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Good morning.

Look at the silverwash and how heavy it is across the center of the rear of the badge. This badge was worn, looking at the silverwash pattern it can be seen that the pin plate was the pivot point/fulcrum while worn to wear the top and bottom while protecting the center. This is the correct pin plate and there can be no reason to suggest it’s not the original, in fact there’s evidence to confirm its originality in this example.

Green
    That's wonderful news!!! I had posted this on another forum and there were concerns raised about a possible re-solder.