MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP pin, real or fake?

Article about: hello im new to collecting items, so when it comes to distinguishing originals from copies i am in dire need of assistance. the one thing that stood out to me was the back, it just doesnt se

Default NSDAP pin, real or fake?

hello im new to collecting items, so when it comes to distinguishing originals from copies i am in dire need of assistance. the one thing that stood out to me was the back, it just doesnt seem right. NSDAP pin, real or fake?NSDAP pin, real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP pin, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP pin, real or fake?

The swastika doesnt look right, but it doesnt have the coffin shaped pin plate... which is a good sign

Looks like a fake to me as well. Haven't seen this type before though, strange looking micro pin and pin-plate, more of an early/transitional type obverse and the m1/72 markings to the reverse seems to be in the same font as good ones ---

it is fake i am very sure style is not right also the other piece with the CCC was a fake so no way this is real !!

ok, so what seems to be off then is the pin plate, which is the correct one just for an earlier version of the pin?

yeah thats what i thought too, i paid very little for them and I knew that the close combat clasp was fake but i was hoping that this might be an original. well you win some you lose some i guess, thanks alot guys!

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    it is fake i am very sure style is not right also the other piece with the close combat clasp was a fake so no way this is real !!
    Just because the Nahkampfspange does not appear to be original has nothing to do with this medal. Each should stand on it's own merits.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by schwartz View Post
    ok, so what seems to be off then is the pin plate, which is the correct one just for an earlier version of the pin?
    Combined everything seems to be off, really. Interesting to see the Zimmermann font to the reverse markings copied this way though, at the very least it's better than the "McFake" markings

haha alright thank you, basically what we have here then is just a decent replica with good Zimmermann font

Well... looks to me like they have tried copying the reverse marking font used on some Zimmermann badges at least, but a fake is a fake (essentially worthless)--- it's good to get to know the various fake types though. Some are very obvious, others not so... I can certainly vouch for it being a constant learning process even though I haven't been doing this for long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast