Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nun erst recht opinions

Article about: Hi all. Just after any opinions/ thoughts regarding this pin?. I have found photos of other pins this maker produced but nothing regarding nun erst recht. Would be very grateful for any thou

Default Nun erst recht opinions

Hi all. Just after any opinions/ thoughts regarding this pin?. I have found photos of other pins this maker produced but nothing regarding nun erst recht. Would be very grateful for any thoughts.. cheersAttachment 1639826

Attachment 1639837
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-08-2023 at 04:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nun erst recht opinions
    P
    Many

Ive never seen this badge but I have to say beautifully made Austrian badge.
    Vince

Cheers Vince me neither

I inserted the image in your post Ianto ...you never know if and when an image will disappear in a link.

I also used a screen shot but its preferred that all images be uploaded onto any thread for discussion.
    I agree as well as this is not a party badge I have seen.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry,appreciate it.. I was having trouble uploading a pic for some reason?. Too many bytes I think?

A very nice piece - and indeed typical for the Austrian makers. For me it is unknown why Austrian makers used the 'sun-ray' background on their badges instead of the more common bubbles, but nevertheless a very fine, very rare, original piece. IMHO, the sun-ray badges tend to get much more enamel damages than the bubble badges, maybe the enamel sticked not that well to the ray pattern or was more prone to get damaged after dropping the badge - but that is just a personal guessing. Truth is - undamaged sun-ray pieces are extremely rare.

The font on the badge is german fracture font ('german typeface') something that is highly associated with the 3rd Reich and a which was prefered by some fakers for their post-war fake badges, to give them a more "3rd Reich - Touch" but was actually rarely used for original party badges, which makes your badge even rarer. Hitler himself was said to have disliked the fracture font and had ordered it to be abolished by decree in Germany in 1941. Yet, the badge itself was made definetely before 1934, as the Slogan 'nun erst recht' has used its purpose after Hindenburg died and Hitler became Chancellor and President anyway and was not used afterwards. Probably making time, because of font and slogan, was probably shortly around or after 1923 - so your badge here is celebrating its 100th birthday!

Nice unusual badge. I don't think I have ever seen that style of buttonhole fastener before.

I think I am right in saying th the inscription "Nun erst recht" is a reference to the period in which the Nazi Party was prohibited after the Munich Putsch and means something like "now all the more" or as we might say today "Now more than ever" and was latterly marketed as a kind of commemorative of that period.

I have one by a German maker with the more familiar fastening and typeface. I will dig it out and add a pic here for comparison.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Cheers Mark. Appreciate the feedback. Not seen one like it myself with that button hole attachment

Ian

I hope it's not too late to reply to your post and wonderful badge. Late to the party on this one but "WOW", this is a gorgeous piece! Gosel being a cottage jewelry maker turned badge maker.....you can tell this company knew how to produce things of beauty!

Congrats, it's a beautiful piece.
    Green

Cheers Bloodyamon thank you so much for the information absolutely brilliant knowledge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast