Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reich GMBH: NSDAP Party membership badge. False or orginal?

Article about: Hello. I need opinions about this badge. It is false or orginal? Thanks

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Yes, GmbH means a Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung, as post 5 says, in English Pty Ltd. So the maker was Reich Pty Ltd
    The design though looks familiar, so probably not a home made die like many pre-33 parteiabzeichen show, but rather done using a common die supplied by a sub-contractor (an M2/ licensed maker who supplied M1/ makers with dies) Nice badge, cant see why anyone would say it was fake, but there you go, jedem das seine.
    Thank you for the explanation of the inscription! I've no idea why HVK dismissed it, but I guess the variety present in pre-RZM badges (and even some later ones) can be tricky.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reich GMBH: NSDAP Party membership badge. False or orginal?
    P
    Many

Zeller dismissed it, HVK wanted to know why he dismissed it.. but this was 4 years back, so i guess it doesn't really matter. The badge needs a good clean though, otherwise a nice one.

?

Oops, apologies to Zeller and HVK for the confusion.

Hi Erno

May I ask, are you a Party badge collector? Obviously you're interested, so had to ask. When I bought my first badge and saw the quality that went into them, I was hooked. Most TR awards/badges etc, are well made so it has been difficult to stick with one thing but it's hard to know about everything so most of my time has been spent with Party badges. Might add, enjoying it very much.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Mark, thanks for asking! I am also a party badge collector, but a newly minted one. So far, I only have two (both pre-RZM examples)! I've been studying them online for quite a while, though. I used to collect coins, and I became a bit notorious in my collecting circles for owning very few. Instead, I would read as much as I could find, write articles and answer questions on online forums. That's mostly what I intend to do with party badges, although they are addictive, and the sheer variety available poses a tantalizing challenge. So far, they are my favorite segment of the hobby.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Mark, thanks for asking! I am also a party badge collector, but a newly minted one. So far, I only have two (both pre-RZM examples)! I've been studying them online for quite a while, though. I used to collect coins, and I became a bit notorious in my collecting circles for owning very few. Instead, I would read as much as I could find, write articles and answer questions on online forums. That's mostly what I intend to do with party badges, although they are addictive, and the sheer variety available poses a tantalizing challenge. So far, they are my favorite segment of the hobby.
    Well you have picked an area of study that will keep you busy for some time. As you are already aware, there are myriads of varieties in early period and Transitional period badges. There are things to be known within the RZM realm also, but perhaps less. I hope to see some of your badges as you get them, should you decide to stay in this area of collecting. Welcome aboard!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Well you have picked an area of study that will keep you busy for some time. As you are already aware, there are myriads of varieties in early period and Transitional period badges. There are things to be known within the RZM realm also, but perhaps less. I hope to see some of your badges as you get them, should you decide to stay in this area of collecting. Welcome aboard!
    Thank you! I will post photos of my two examples when I get the chance, but I'm afraid that they aren't very interesting. One is the rectangular pin plate type, which I believe is attributed to Paulmann und Crone on Jo Rivett's website and the other is a circular plate type.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Thank you! I will post photos of my two examples when I get the chance, but I'm afraid that they aren't very interesting. One is the rectangular pin plate type, which I believe is attributed to Paulmann und Crone on Jo Rivett's website and the other is a circular plate type.
    I reckon they're all interesting mate, looking forward to seeing pics! Also, I love the the badge you've shown here, great stuff!

Quote by Erno View Post
    Of course they're interesting, for one, you bought them! Everyone loves photos of collections and moreso of things they like to collect. We all start somewhere, amigo! Not to mention, it sounds like you have some early Party badges, so it will be interesting for sure. My first badges were posted and the good folks here liked seeing them. The positive support has kept me going and you'll fell the same. It's quite fun collecting these little things.

Quote by Erno View Post
    hello Erno, there is a Party Badge book in the classifieds here it the forum, its an excellent reference and a good read too ( if you can put up with the rambling of a madman whos also black sheep) honest its the best you will see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast