Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

RZM and GES. GESCH. Opinions Please.

Article about: Have the opportunity of purchasing this RZM and GES. GESCH. Party Badge. Having studied the information from this site regarding this type of badge, I have come to my own conclusion regardin

?

Default RZM and GES. GESCH. Opinions Please.

Have the opportunity of purchasing this RZM and GES. GESCH. Party Badge.
    Having studied the information from this site regarding this type of badge, I have come to my own conclusion regarding authenticity.
    As I am always still learning, I would appreciate other members opinions and reasons on the authenticity of this badge as a comparison to my own.
    That way I can see if I am on the right track and have correctly learnt something.

Pic's sent to me by seller.

Thank you for your time .
    RZM and GES. GESCH. Opinions Please.RZM and GES. GESCH. Opinions Please.RZM and GES. GESCH. Opinions Please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM and GES. GESCH. Opinions Please.
    P
    Many

Sorry to say, but this is a reproduction, unfortunately a quite good one that is not as easy to spot as the common coffin pin fakes, especially when you have only a tiny picture of the front to check - but the backside gives it away immediately. There are only very few known original badges, that are marked RZM+Ges.Gesch at the same time but this one with this very distinctive superscript "z" in the RZM in conbimation with Ges.Gesch is considered to be a Nicholas Morigi Fake from England. Sunken enamel / die faults within the letters "A" and "S" and "O" have been observed as errors on these conterfeit bagdes, as they seem to come from the same striking die. Same goes for this faint flatend edge on the border of the backside, which is rare to find on originals but often found on reproductions, etc.

?

Thank you for looking and for your reply bloodyamon. I also came to the conclusion that this badge is a Morigi fake but only because of the RZM.
    Through your explanation you have now taught me three other things to look out for in future.
    I have not purchased the badge so no harm done.

Once again thankyou, your reply is very informative and much appreciated.