Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RZM M1/155 party badge

Article about: Hello. I did some research on this M1/155 party badge after I bought it and found that there was no match to the original examples. The texture of the red border is smooth on the originals,

?

Default RZM M1/155 party badge

Hello. I did some research on this M1/155 party badge after I bought it and found that there was no match to the original examples. The texture of the red border is smooth on the originals, but on my badge it is grainy or pearly. With some party badge manufacturers, the details change periodically. Not sure what I own. Please give an opinion.

Thanks Georgi.RZM M1/155 party badgeRZM M1/155 party badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/155 party badge
    P
    Many

?

Please for some opinion.

Thanks Georgi.

Hi, Its a perfectly fine, original badge. Differences within same makers occur often - just as you said.

Hi, yes no issue

?

Hello again. I wasn't sure if this badge was real because I bought it from an auction along with a "Frauenschaft-ossang berlin" badge which were accepted as fakes. Since I don't have the party badge book what I found on the forum are four variants of the m1/155. None of these options match my badge exactly. I have not found a fake badge with such markings displayed for comparison. Is it possible that there are so many variants from a relatively rare manufacturer?

Thanks Georgi.

Actually, Schwertner & Cie was known to make also opaque badges. They made badges where the enamel was a bit darker - and also fully opaqe ones were made too. Still unkown today (for me ) why they did make those. So if they made such an extreme change during their regular production to go from translucent to fully opaque whilst most other manufacturers out there still continued with translucent, I would not wonder at all about different border textures - on the contrary - the badge you have seems to me like it was made with the same striking die that was later used for the fully opaqe badges and IMHO your translucent badge is actually even less common than the opaqe one. So there were not only variations in how they made their badges - but also how broken/used their die and tools were at some point in making; I do not see anything wrong with your variant. There are so many variants out there not listed in any book or catalogue still up to day... please remember - there were millions of these badges made. About being in the same lot with the Fake Osang - its just a coincidence.