Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?

Article about: Dear friends, I am evaluating the possibility of buying this party pin. Is it real or fake? Can someone help me? Thank you very much in advance. PSDL

?

Default RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?

Dear friends, I am evaluating the possibility of buying this party pin. Is it real or fake?
    Can someone help me?
    Thank you very much in advance.

PSDL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?   RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?
    P
    Many

A good period pin. Not too beat up either. welcome to the forum. Best regards.

Brian

For comparison:

NSDAP Pin M1/72

?

Thanks very much for your reply and welcome here in the forum Brian. I am with an RZM M1/129, but I have read that the reputation of this pin is very poor. Most of all are fake, correct? Later I'll put some photos for a close look.

Thanks again.

Paulo Sergio

No worries Paulo. From what little searching I did 129's don't hold up well, but post it anyway, it s good for discussion and learning, which is what we are here for, all of us. If you are new to collecting here's some quick tips for things to look out for. And I ll post pictures of what I'm talking about. "Coffin" shaped pin plates (the band of metal that attaches the pin to the reverse) is a dead quick way to spot a fake. Also the Adolf Hitler pins are no good as well. I'm not sure if they qualify as fantasy (never existed) but someone can expand on that better than myself. Best regards and happy collecting! Pics for reference.

Brian

RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-08-2017 at 09:33 PM.

?

Thank you again Brian. I do not have 129 here, but I'm pretty sure that the 129 has a "Coffin" shaped pin plate, even though it's well done and finished. But, later I'll post some photos for you and our forum mates.

Best regards,

Paulo Sergio

?

Quote by PSDL View Post
    Thank you again Brian. I do not have 129 here, but I'm pretty sure that the 129 has a "Coffin" shaped pin plate, even though it's well done and finished. But, later I'll post some photos for you and our forum mates.

Best regards,

Paulo Sergio
    Brian, can you date the M1/72? Thanks!

Hey Paulo. Party badges/any badge with an rzm code really, can be difficult to date, yours is RZM stamped badge which means it must be mid to post 34, and it's going to be the latter. After that timeframe they could be anywhere from 35, I suppose up until the very end in 45 (but I'm sure alot went hidden in drawers and darker places in say, early may of that year). Badges of early production (pre 34) will typically be marked ges gesch which is more or less a way of copyrighting a item. There was a more limited transitional period where badges would/could have both ges gesch and the rzm symbol, plus the M1 prefix and manufacturers code number. And more limited/rarer yet pictured here with the two previously mentioned marks, plus the makers logo. This of course could be in the early to mid year of 34 leading into early 35. If my information is off I m happy to be corrected for the sake of understanding, by any one wishing to further expand on the matter. Here's a very nice and rare badge shown by our premier badge enthusiast Mark (greenhorn), his example btw not mine with link to discussion of said badge. Best regards.

Brian

RZM marked M1/72 party pin - Real or fake?

Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badge
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-09-2017 at 12:26 AM.

A good short article explaining the use of the RZM coding/stamp question. Worth a read for sure. Best regards.

Brian

The RZM Logo/Code - Guarantor of Originality? | eBay

?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    A good short article explaining the use of the RZM coding/stamp question. Worth a read for sure. Best regards.

Brian

The RZM Logo/Code - Guarantor of Originality? | eBay
    Nice article Brian, very educational. I'am learning a lot. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Paulo Sergio