Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two early Party badges , ges. gesch. , original or fake ?

Article about: Hi, my name is Pete and I'm located in Germany. After collecting guns for more than 30 years , now I started collecting Party badges. Picked up these two early badges . Guess the left one is

?

Default Two early Party badges , ges. gesch. , original or fake ?

Hi,

my name is Pete and I'm located in Germany.
    After collecting guns for more than 30 years , now I started collecting Party badges.
    Picked up these two early badges .
    Guess the left one is original , but not sure about the right one . It looks worn and shows wear but the markings on reverse looks a bit strange for me .
    Badge is marked with "RZM" without manufacture number and "ges gesch " . Notice the missing dot's at " ges gesch " .
    It's not the typical RZM - ges. gesch. fake because the RZM logo is in located at a different position and the letters style loks also different.
    But I'm still a bit concerned about the missing "dot's" .
    Hope the pic is good enogh to see all details .

TIA,

Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum Pete!
    The one on the left appears okay to my untrained eye.
    The coffin shaped mounting plate on the reverse of the one on the right is never a good sign. Most likely post war production.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph ,
    thnx a lot for your reply.
    After more "searching" here at the forum , I found this older thread :
    NSDAP party badge Ges Gesch. Real or fake?

Very similar mounting plate and "ges gesch" also without "dot's" . And confirmed by your experts here as original.

Would be very interested to hear more opinions about my "suspicious" badge ;-)

Thnx,

Pete

Quote by RZM111 View Post
    Hi Ralph ,
    thnx a lot for your reply.
    After more "searching" here at the forum , I found this older thread :
    NSDAP party badge Ges Gesch. Real or fake?

Very similar mounting plate and "ges gesch" also without "dot's" . And confirmed by your experts here as original.

Would be very interested to hear more opinions about my "suspicious" badge ;-)

Thnx,

Pete
    Yes, that one is original, similar, but not the same.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Pete,
    as Ralph as mentioned your badge on the right is a post war fake.
    Note firstly the Coffin shaped pin plate that has the straight ends...First big NO NO
    Next note that there is a RZM logo as well as the Ges Gesch stamping. This as far as I know NEVER happened. If you had the RZM logo you would also expect to see the makers control number issued by the RZM office.

The one on the left stands a good chance of being an original but a good picture of the front showing the pebble design would be good.

All the best Doug

?

Unhappy

Hi ,
    thnx a lot for your comments.
    Here are some more pics of party badges , I picked up within the last weeks.
    Please have a look at them and let me know if you find some more fakes

The two M1 /72 marked badges shows different front sides . See also pic #1

TIA ,

Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?   Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?  

Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?   Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?  

Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?   Two early Party badges ,  ges. gesch.  , original or fake  ?