Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What do you think of this

Article about: Hello everyone ,I,ve come across this broach and wondered if it is correct ,the seller says it would be worn by a women,any info would be welcome,Regards Paul.

?

Default What do you think of this

Hello everyone ,I,ve come across this broach and wondered if it is correct ,the seller says it would be worn by a women,any info would be welcome,Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think of this  
    Attached Images Attached Images What do you think of this 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of this
    P
    Many

it looks ok,and yes it would be worn by a female.

?

Thanks mate,Are there loads of these about or not seen much ,Paul.

Looking at the construction of it- it would not be for me.
    A brooch is a piece of jewelry that features a main motif or design. While there are many that use long, protruding, usually horizontal hardware, the main design of it usually hides or otherwise covers it. It is more of a functional part of it rather than decorative. This one looks to be put together with whatever was available- in this case hardware twice the needed size, and with little regard for esthetics. The term 'jewelry' would be an exaggeration when describing this piece IMO.

cheers

Matt

Sympathiser badge...

Tom

The pin has quite alot of lustre to it still-odd for a 70 year old plus piece of cheap brass. As said above too, the pin is out of proportion to the disk. The badge itself is also wavy and uneven and awfully coarse in the appearance of the metal. They Did make genuine badges in this style, but This particular one would not be a choice that I would put money into.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by matthew View Post
    While there are many that use long, protruding, usually horizontal hardware, the main design of it usually hides or otherwise covers it.
    Matt
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    As said above too, the pin is out of proportion to the disk. .
    This nonsense above, deserves no reply
    I would suggest to the original poster, that they go elsewhere to seek the correct answer(s)

You can always follow your own advice.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thought he was an ass before he found out what cupal was (couple of months back). But it seems with his newly found knowledge he's twice the person he was before.
    Since the esteemed colleague stuck his head out of the cave here maybe I will be allowed to ask a question: Jo, do you still claim there were no original 3rd Reich badges made out of silver as a base metal with gilt on top?

cheers

Matt

P.S. Pic below to show what I meant by the design covering its protruding hardware. Not to say ye or nay but simply submitting my opinion- I don't like the one that started this thread and stated my reasons. That's still ok here?

No matter how people feel about Jo he is still the most knowledgeable person I know on the subject of T.R period enamel badges.
    Paul, you would do well to check out his site, Parteiabzeichen

Tom

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast