Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Early NSKK dagger with SS vertical hanger

Article about: Hello, I want to introduce my early NSKK dagger from Wusthof with vertical hanger. It was a surprise to discover that the vertical hanger is a SS one, after examination with a microskope. Be

?

Default Early NSKK dagger with SS vertical hanger

Hello,
    I want to introduce my early NSKK dagger from Wusthof with vertical hanger.
    It was a surprise to discover that the vertical hanger is a SS one, after examination with a microskope.
    Best regards
    Early NSKK dagger with SS vertical hangerEarly NSKK dagger with SS vertical hangerEarly NSKK dagger with SS vertical hangerEarly NSKK dagger with SS vertical hanger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NSKK dagger with SS vertical hanger
    P
    Many

?

Can you just make a decent picture of the inner strap that bears the markings?
    from a distance of lets say 15 cm, the 2 circels and maker mark should be visible even if they are faint by wear if you catch the right angle

Ger

The scabbard itself is anodised, so thats an early one.
    So there is a possibility that the hanger is original to the scabbard and that that scabbard belonged to a SS dagger
    So it might be a swapped dagger.... and not a NSKK set, well its a possibility

Ger

Beautiful dagger Kasper and its a very tight fit .
    The early anodized scabbard is fine as well and was most likely an overstock item used to replace the brown SA scabbard during the NSKK transition.
    I agree with Gerrit ..its true that this scabbard is an early one used by the SS ...its not the first NSKK dagger I seen with an anodized scabbard.

I cant say when the hanger was placed upon this dagger as the SS and RZM were very strict on who could use their hangers...but I do have to say...you have a nice and expensive combination for an NSKK dagger.

I would be curious in seeing a better photo of the RZM marked hanger as well.
    1934 is what Im seeing.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is beautiful dagger
    -TJ-

?

Yes I agree. Very nice dagger. Congrats.

Tim

?

Here are some additional photos of the hanger
    What I´ve seen it is "SS 6/34 RZM"
    Early NSKK dagger with SS vertical hangerEarly NSKK dagger with SS vertical hanger