Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?

Article about: Now yes I know we are supposed to have a separate post for multiple daggers but as they are from the same estate I hope this is ok. I think these are fine, but would like a second set of eye

Default Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?

Now yes I know we are supposed to have a separate post for multiple daggers but as they are from the same estate I hope this is ok.

I think these are fine, but would like a second set of eyes.

Came across a couple estate finds I've presented an opportunity to buy ($575 NSKK, $425 SA) and I was hoping to get a second set of eyes on these. I tend to stay away from RZM blades because of the plating flaking issues on the cross guards, but to me these both look like they have unmarked, nickel cross guards? Maybe they are plated and just haven't started lifting, but I am having a hard time telling in these photos. You can see what appears to be some spotting on the lower rear of the NSKK cross guard.

They don't appear transitional to me, which would explain the nickel cross guards if that was true. That aside - Is a combination of a non-transitional RZM blade and nickel guards an automatic indicator of parts daggers? Or were there exceptions?

On the lower right of the NSKK eagle there is some interesting looking damage to the wood - perhaps the eagle was replaced or just normal wear?

There is some gapping on the SA dagger but it is consistent on the same side and I believe in allowed variances.

The 83 is Richard Pluemacher Sohn, Solingen and the 68 is Tigerwerk Lauterjung & Co., Solingen.

Why do some RZM blades have a date and others do not?

Thanks!

I have these rotated appropriately on my computer so I don't know why that didn't stick on upload.

NSKK
    Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?

SA
    Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?
    Last edited by Glittering_Ship4193; 08-20-2020 at 03:32 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?
    P
    Many

Photos of the pommel nuts. The estate seller tells me they were passed down through the family (or so the story goes from the client).

I also noticed on both daggers that the grooves on the top of the cross guard on the right side look kinda funky and curved.

NSKK
    Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?

SA
    Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?Extra set of eyes for NSKK RZM M7/83 and SA RZM M7/68 1941 - possible parts daggers?
    Last edited by Glittering_Ship4193; 08-20-2020 at 03:32 AM.

Hi AK..I realize these daggers came from an estate sale together..but preferably they should still be within their own threads and label your descriptions being from the same estate sale. Yesterday I told a member sharply about the same thing and ended up removing the threads.
    I would like to keep all threads and content consistent in good house keeping.

For this very reason for separate threads ..I can not tell apart clearly which dagger belongs to the other due to the photo layout.
    A greater summation would benefit you and the community here on what you have.
    Sorry to be a hard ass..thats my job as a grounds keeper

There are some issues that needs to be addressed with one of the daggers.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi AK..I realize these daggers came from an estate sale together..but preferably they should still be within their own threads and label your descriptions being from the same estate sale. Yesterday I told a member sharply about the same thing and ended up removing the threads.
    I would like to keep all threads and content consistent in good house keeping.

For this very reason for separate threads ..I can not tell apart clearly which dagger belongs to the other due to the photo layout.
    A greater summation would benefit you and the community here on what you have.
    Sorry to be a hard ass..thats my job as a grounds keeper

There are some issues that needs to be addressed with one of the daggers.

Best Larry
    I know, I know To your point about telling apart....I have them grouped and labeled by NSKK and SA. I'm not sure if it is rendering funny on your end? I can try and add some styling to make it more apparent as to which is which.

I would prefer separate threads minus the hair gel for styling
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill