Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first SA/NSKK Daggers

Article about: Hello, I have been reading a lot on the forum, but this is my first post. I just had a chance to pick up my first SA dagger and my first NSKK dagger. Both are of the early type. The SA is an

Default My first SA/NSKK Daggers

Hello, I have been reading a lot on the forum, but this is my first post. I just had a chance to pick up my first SA dagger and my first NSKK dagger. Both are of the early type. The SA is an August Kullenburg and the NSKK is a Tiger. Thank you for all of the information provided on this forum, it was very helpful to a newbie like me.

My first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK Daggers[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first SA/NSKK Daggers   My first SA/NSKK Daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first SA/NSKK Daggers
    P
    Many

My first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK Daggers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first SA/NSKK Daggers   My first SA/NSKK Daggers  

My first SA/NSKK Daggers   My first SA/NSKK Daggers  

My first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK DaggersMy first SA/NSKK Daggers

- - ------- - -

Sorry, getting the hang of this picture uploader.

I never thought I would ever see another Agust Kullenburg early SA in existence which this one is on a rarity scale of 12 ....Not it is my belief it is the only one ..because the one shown was in my collection and I sold it to help with acquiring a Early Production Chained SS dagger.

I pulled my heart out to let go of this one ultra key producer..and it went from Paul Hogle then..into a private collection of a Gent I know very well and is not a member here on this forum. The Gent had every early SA producer and kind of new when the August Kullenburg disappeared quickly from lakesidetrader..I knew where it might of went..and I was right.

below is the thread of the Agust Kullenburg I once owned and now in the sentinel hands of Mr Scott D
    Early SA August Kullenburg

Hang onto it ..you wont see another like it.

The Tiger NSKK is of average condition and wear of this producer..nice to see a dark grip on this example. Congrats on a stellar find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow, I had no idea how rare Kullenburg was. I was drawn to it because it was in excellent condition and I found the color of the scabbard to be just magnificent. Of all of the SA daggers I had to choose from, the scabbard on the Kullenburg really set it apart. It's funny that you mention the dark handle on the Tiger NSKK. That is also what drew me to that particular dagger of the many NSKK's I had to choose from. The wood stood out as being particularly dark to me and it goes well with the black scabbard. I do have one question, why is it that the motto and maker mark on the Kullenburg don't seem to have that dark color to them like those of the Tiger NSKK and most other SA/NSKK daggers I see? Do you think it is just the way the Kullenburg dagger was made?

Hi Scott in regards to the grips..it depended on the type of the wood used and the SA Mann who carried it ...the oils in the human hands also have taken some lighter colored grips and changed them to an array of darker toned grips from a middle brown...near cherry to almost purple.

How much the hand rested on the grip made that difference.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That is very interesting. Thank you for that information sir.

MAP
    ?

I haven't seen Larry get this excited in a long time so it must be special

Congrats on two very nice daggers!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Congratz!

2 nice daggers, a bit overcleaned but they do look very nice next to eachother.
    It looks like the NSKK scabbard had a repaint somewere along the line, but its a nice way to start your collection!

Larry is thrilled seeing his ex. .....i know that feeling.....every once in a while

Regards
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast