Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nskk / sa dagger

Article about: Hello gents! Long time no see haha! Hope everyone has been well! My first post back in a while and with a new item. An nskk / sa dagger. I know there are some very very experienced hands on

Default Nskk / sa dagger

Hello gents!

Long time no see haha! Hope everyone has been well! My first post back in a while and with a new item. An nskk / sa dagger. I know there are some very very experienced hands on here who have far far more knowledge than I have so I'm hoping to appeal to everyone for help. Could anyone tell me more about this said dagger. From my limited knowledge trying to fast track my self I believe it's an nskk dagger due to the black scabbard. I also believe its marked He for hessen? As well as I believe it to have been retipped? I've included as many photos as possible. I've done the magnet trick in the cross guards and pommel and nothing except the blade seems to be magnetic as well as the cross guards are very very heady for their size. Fitting the dagger into the scabbard has a nice tight feel, a constant pressure as it seats home and a nice tight fit with the cross guard and scabbard is achieved. Cross graining can be seen in the right too running across the blade. I'm hoping someone could tell more more, potentially a year and how much I should have paid for this item. I won't disclose that yet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk / sa dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk / sa dagger
    P
    Many

Hello Vamp ...currently Im at a long day at work and can further comment in detail with this dagger tonight.
    At a quick glance Im seeing some issues with the grip and if it was me seeing this on a table at a show ...I for one would put it back down and move along.

The details are not attractive enough for me where as for others it might.
    As far as valuation ....I wont disclose that at all thats not how that works here > Free authentication and valuation service.

I can tell you one thing its worth less that what ever price tag is on it.
    Hang tight and I will comment further later...others are welcome to further comment as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry.

Thank you first off. I also apologize if I've offended you or anyone in regards to value of this item. I only asked to make sure I hadn't paid over the odds. My apologies sir.

No offense taken and no apologies needed to be said ..its the nature of the hobby and nothing personal.

The community including myself will give their thoughts and also get the right answers for you.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Vamp....the details check out with the SA gruppe mark and the internal crossguard markings that Robert Herder purchased for his daggers.
    The H mark with a dot inside the guards were common and used by quite a few producers or assemblers.

The upper scabbard fitting to the lower guard does fit snug and would say the scabbard may go with it.

The main issue is the grip which it does not belong and does not fit well at all to both the crossguards.
    Someone has made the tang clearance holes larger on the bottom..which is round looking and should be rectangular ...this explains why the tang itself protruding through the top of the grip is off center.

In my post # 3 ,... I commented that if I saw this at a show I would put it back down...and still my thoughts have not changed as a grip was added to this early producer.
    Although the photos did not enlarge enough ...I saw enough of the necessary details that enlarged photos are not needed.
    The grip eagle was replaced as well.

This dagger has been messed with

Regards Larry

Many many thanks Larry! Looks like I've took a large hit on this one this time

The grip eagle was replaced as well? Damn! The knowledge of fine details people have on this forum blows my mind. I struggle to gain traction in regards to finding what to look for and what key details to pay attention to etc. I'd love to spend a day with you looking at blades haha!

Might I also ask what you think of the blade? I could possibly return this item if enough was wrong with it. Many many thanks for your help sir!
    Last edited by VAMPIRE V12; 07-14-2023 at 07:17 AM.

Hi Vamp ....cross the pond and come to the Max show this September and you can walk and chat with me...looking at SA daggers and the like.

The blade is good from what i can see ..but over polished and cleaned losing all its crossgrain which appears that way in the photo.
    as I said the dagger is good except for the grip ...because the grip was messed with to adjust for the tang clearance.

Come on over

Regards Larry

I actually have friends moving over there soon aswell haha.

Many many thanks sir! I think I'll keep hold of it and chalk it up to experience. I paid roughly half the average market value for it so no massively disappointed aslong as the blade was correct.

I really really appreciate your help sir! Your knowledge is amazing and I hope to have a 1/5th of your knowledge some day! Many many thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast