Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2

Article about: Please see original thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...dagger-792453/ I have finished with the dagger, it needed quite a bit of work. I am pleased with the outcome, I'm sure othe

Default Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2

Please see original thread:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...dagger-792453/

I have finished with the dagger, it needed quite a bit of work. I am pleased with the outcome, I'm sure others would find it hard to swallow to restore relics.

-Nut needed to be changed, the thread was destroyed, this is the only unoriginal part since it's extremely hard to find an original one
    -Paint stripped from wooden grip, which afterwards recieved a light polish
    -Crossguards has been polished, they were cut & sanded by original owner, NOT BY ME
    -Eagle replaced, i sourced this one from a relic find - I thought it goes well with the overall condition of the dagger itself
    -SA pin paint stripped & polished a bit
    -Changed the blade back to it's original side, it has been fiddled with along the years
    -Scabbard recieved two original screws that were missing, the correct size to the correct positions

Overall I turned out pretty good, and I love it's bloody history too, but I wanted to clean it up nicely. I have not touched the scabbard other than replacing the screws, to keep it in it's original condition as I have received it.
    I have many of these "odd items" in my collection, it goes well with the rest.
    I have been told by many that this is most likely an early NSKK dagger.

I hope you enjoy my threads, please let me know what you think!

Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2
    P
    Many

?

I remember your thread from a few months ago. Hope you don't intend intend to slaughter some malac with it!
    Nice job with the attempt at restoring.

I'm not a dagger man but I do appreciate a nice rescue!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello Gents,

I thought I share a bit of an update with better quality photos on the dagger. After months of storage I took it out again, cleaned and polished, cleaned the eagle too. I'm sure it's not period correct but it will do. I finally acquired an original pommel nut, again most likely not period correct, but it was for free and I'll take that. Now it goes off to the display cabinet as the item with the bloodiest history in my collection. Pigs are safe now.

Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2Post-war use of an NSKK dagger 2