Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch - value and authenticity

Article about: Good day everybody. Yesterday I opened a thread about daggers and, as requested, it has now been shared on the relevant topic. This dagger has been offered to me for sale, but I don't know a

Default SA Dienstdolch - value and authenticity

Good day everybody.
    Yesterday I opened a thread about daggers and, as requested, it has now been shared on the relevant topic.

This dagger has been offered to me for sale, but I don't know anything about its value or authenticity.

Would be glad if someone could help me. Thank you very much in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch - value and authenticity
    P
    Many

Hello Mr. Noice ...thankyou for posting your daggers separately as it makes it easier for a deeper study by the community here

The dagger itself is NSKK which is a subformation or motororized wing of the SA. The black scabbard denotes this dagger belonging to the NSKK while the grip remains brown.

The dagger itself is late production period yet authentic and in a not so collectable condition showing alot of age grey and some corrosion on the blade.
    Around the beginning of 1934 the RZM began to identify dagger producers by an assigned control number ( More info seen here >

Reichzeugmeisterei ( RZM ) Organizational Function

RZM7/12 is identified to the producer Max Weyersburg seen here in this RZM list

RZM M7 Makers Code List

The scabbard paint is not in good condition as well as the plated scabbard fittings. The silver plate is known to lift off depending upon the environment it is kept in as the early production daggers that had the producers name on the blade had fittings made of nickel which the crossguards on your example appear to be the nickel type.

I would say these crossguards were used from existing left over stock to make quota or were added later post war. Hard to say as materials during the late production period were short in supply and lacking.

Normally we do not give out valuations on this website but in this case as this dagger in its current less favorable condition is uncollectable for the NSKK collectors.

What is the selling price that is offered ?
    For myself and other type collectors it has no value in its current condition.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much for your answer Larry!

The selling price for this dagger is about 500€ wich i will save because of your answer!

BR. Mr. Noice

You just saved yourself almost that whole amount
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill