Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA/NSKK ? Dagger

Article about: Hard for me to discern which branch. Scabbord could be black or extremely dark brown...I put my money on NSKK, any comments please...Frank Annoyed from this ads?  

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Ohhh have you posted this one up Ralph? I cant remember seeing it
    very nice indeed
    Yes I have Ronnie.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...r-sohn-163619/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/NSKK ? Dagger
    P
    Many

I wont hijack this thread Ralph but gotta say very nice (again)

Typical Thuringia maker..which the font style..and pimples in the etch are a common sight. Nice !! Not so sure about the grip..as it does not fit well at the lower guard..but as Ronnie said..maybe loosened? I like to see that if it is possible with another photo. The runes button has me concerned..with 2 tap marks about 3 oclock..but yet the tap marks did not cross over to the wood..Im seeing tap marks on the right of the runes button along with crack running down the same side. Maybe noting but just being cautious. Hard to say what color the scabbard is. Could you provide ore photos FB?..of the scabbard and the full length of the blade? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This motto is so black because Heller used to paint them after etching.
    A Few makers are known to blacken their Motto's afterwards and Heller is one of them.
    Also typical for Heller is the pimpling inside the etched areas.
    Im a bit surprised about the eagle, its not the common used round headed long neck eagle, and the rune button is not the normally seen caramel color.
    It might be that the grip doesnt belong to this dagger.
    Please tell me if the grip fits the lower guard or is it at its max. already?
    here an early Heller eagle& rune button to compare.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    SA/NSKK ? Dagger

?

Hi Ronnie, You are correct, I loosen the tang nut to allow for expansion and contraction. Wood Breathes, metal does not. When secured and tightened ( not over) the wood furniture to lower and upper cross guards are seamless and perfect. Thank You

Best Regards, Frank

?

Avenger, no harm taken, I understand, thats what where hear for...Best. Frank

?

Default NSKK Dagger Reponse

Some additional photos per viewer request
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA/NSKK ? Dagger   SA/NSKK ? Dagger  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2