Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please

Article about: Hello All, Thoughts and opinions please. I have been doing research and I did find a belt that looks exactly like mine but I dont trust my eyes yet. LINKY. I apologize if my pictures are not

Default Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please

Edit* sorry guys this is a waffen ss not a allgemeine.

Hello All, Thoughts and opinions please.

I have been doing research and I did find a belt that looks exactly like mine but I dont trust my eyes yet. LINKY.

I added new pictures, hope these are better than the former.

Thank You

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please   Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please  

Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please   Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please  

Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please   Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please  

Last edited by MakaMaleko; 12-04-2022 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Misidentified

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please
    P
    Many

That's not Allgemeine SS but an Waffen SS brocade belt. The Allgemeine SS belt has black backing, Waffen SS which is more common is green.

It shows the gold color material below the bullion on the exterior so that's a good sign. The leather fob shows no use or marks from the buckle being mounted and with one end being frayed from the buckle being mounted could indicate the leather belt fob was replaced IMHO.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    That's not Allgemeine SS but an Waffen SS brocade belt. The Allgemeine SS belt has black backing, Waffen SS which is more common is green.

It shows the gold color material below the bullion on the exterior so that's a good sign. The leather fob shows no use or marks from the buckle being mounted and with one end being frayed from the buckle being mounted could indicate the leather belt fob was replaced IMHO.
    Thank you Rich for the corrections and observations.
    This is still all Greek to me. I've been collecting for about 3 months. Lol. I need more helping hands like yourself in my life. Being that the belt is frayed and a possible replacement fob, in your opinion, what would the value be on something like this?

Thank you.

Pricing is not discussed typically on the open forum. Check your PM
    The reason the end is frayed is its missing the buckle keeper. Not certain why someone would remove that but to me I'd keep looking for one that's complete. Here is a reproduced brocade W-SS belt. The buckle keeper is front and center. Note the absence of the gold undertone in the embossed high lights of the reproduced example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Officer Brocade Belt - Authenticate Please  

Pricing is not discussed typically on the open forum. Check your PM
    The reason the end is frayed is its missing the buckle keeper. Not certain why someone would remove that but to me I'd keep looking for one that's complete. Here is a reproduced brocade W-SS belt. The buckle keeper is front and center. Note the absence of the gold undertone in the embossed high lights of the reproduced example.
    Right. I saw your message and replied. So I could buy a copy belt and have that part stitched to my my belt? I think that's a great idea.

You can do that but there are people who under stand stitch patterns and can tell if it had been handled that way. I think you can find the keepers on E bay as well. Key word search WWII Aluminum belt buckle keeper.

You can do that but there are people who under stand stitch patterns and can tell if it had been handled that way. I think you can find the keepers on E bay as well. Key word search WWII Aluminum belt buckle keeper.
    Ok now I know what you meant. I can buy a legit keeper.

They e bay keepers are reproductions.

Also, can anyone verify if the leather fob on this belt is reproduced? It sure looks thin to me.

I just bought the keeper on ebay for $20. its a repro.
    Last edited by MakaMaleko; 12-04-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Anyone else can confirm real or dud?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast