Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Diplomatic brocade

Article about: This is my first diplomatic brocade belt and buckle. There is around 40 different variations but one is all I need. The belt is backed in a very dark blue. The buckle is very close to the bu

which brocade is proper for Group 3 rank?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Diplomatic brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diplomatic brocade
    P
    Many

?

I looked at Angolia’s buckle book and his Book In Service of the Reich. It is confusing with groups, pay grades and what type of career. He shows different brocade based on the Career. The basic silver brocade with a silver buckle is probably what you need and it would be the easiest to find. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

I appreciate you trying to help!

thank you for looking it up.

William Kramer

As the partner indicates, the correct brocade is the one with the silver buckle. I provide you with an image of my book.

By the way, I love your robe. If you ever sell it. contact me please

I have a coat in my collection in feldgrau color with the same arm badge

I thought Group 3 would be the gold center stripe and gold buckle?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Diplomatic brocade   Diplomatic brocade  

That would be for Diplomats not for Government Officials.
    His uniform is that of a Government Official (Other Ministries that have nothing to do with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

That type of belt you are showing was created only for Diplomats of the pay group III of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Auswärtiges Amt)

This was included in an internal ordinance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for diplomats dated November 27, 1942.

Here's what that rule dictates:

Group III: Intermediate Service Officials.

This was included in an internal ordinance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for diplomats dated November 27, 1942.

Here's what that rule dictates:

Group III: Intermediate Service Officials.

Silver-colored buttons, no insignia on the sleeve, silver-edged pants, silver-colored cap edges, silver-colored aluminum embroidered eagle and oak leaf crown on the cap, 44mm pressed aluminum spun lace belt width with central strip of approximately 15 mm wide of aluminum, two lines of 5 mm wide of black color and two external lines of approximately 10 mm of width of black color.

Black cloth inner lining. Silver aluminum buckle.

The belt that you show with the central part and the golden buckle is described but this is only for Diplomats

The Angolia book contains many errors. Among other things, it does not differentiate diplomatic uniforms from those of a Government Official.

For example, those of government official usually have the edge of the neck with silver braided thread, diplomats do not.

Government Officer uniforms are navy blue while diplomats are black.

Government officials always used the horseshoe insignia.

The Diplomats used stars, after a short time horseshoe insignia and later returned to the stars on the sleeves as the only insignia.

Government Officer uniforms have French cuffs and shoulder boards, diplomats from 1939-40 do not have French cuffs or shoulder boards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast