Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes

Article about: Hi, I am asking for an opinion on whether the brocade belt with SS runes and the police belt buckle are ok? I have a little doubt about the belt itself..the stitching seems a little differen

Default Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes

Hi, I am asking for an opinion on whether the brocade belt with SS runes and the police belt buckle are ok?
    I have a little doubt about the belt itself..the stitching seems a little different to me when compared to other belts, and I didn't see black thread on the inside of the stitching anywhere.Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes   Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes  

Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes   Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes  

Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes   Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes
    P
    Many

?

The buckle looks original but I don’t like the stitching on the brocade.

Thank you. The buckle also came out fine to me. As for the belt, when I compare the processing and details with others, it seems original (it doesn't look like a copy to me). However, overall it feels like it's quilted to me, but why... Ben? What do you think about it please? It's not exactly a cheap thing and I'd hate to make a mistake
    Thank you very much. Peter.

I dont mind the belt to be honest, has the correct colour of the originals and not one of a fake. Look through the fake dealers listed in the repro dealer threads. Again for me I like it
    Ben

Thank you for answer. Due to the ever-increasing number of good reps of everything lately, I'm not sure about almost anything Thanks again for your help.

?

The keeper on the buckle seems to big for the belt. In pictures one and two it looks like it would move up and down. Not a firm fit. The color of the backing looks like it would be a Waffen SS brocade. A SS brocade wouldn’t have the buckle sewn to the belt. I would do more research before I purchased this brocade.

Here is mine for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes   Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes  

Ben

Try and get some close up shots on macro that will bring out the colour
    Ben

Various current fake brocades being sold

Attached Images Attached Images Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes  Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes 
    Ben

I am sending 3 more photos for detail. The belt looks original to me compared to the reproductions. But I don't like sewing. It really looks like the belt buckle will move because the holder is longer. The question is whether it could be, for example, a late production, or really a quilted belt. However, I still don't see a reason why anyone would re-stitch the original.

Police officer's brocade belt buckle with SS runes  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast