Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

5 Digit Order of the Red Star

Article about: Hello everyone! About half a year ago I acquired this beautiful early Red Star that I believe is a Type 4 variation 3.1. I have many other items that I’ve purchased over the last year or s

Default 5 Digit Order of the Red Star

Hello everyone!

About half a year ago I acquired this beautiful early Red Star that I believe is a Type 4 variation 3.1. I have many other items that I’ve purchased over the last year or so but seeing that I have left for University I haven’t had many opportunities to take photos of them, but I’ll be posting more of them throughout the near future. I believe the last digit is a 6, but it’s a little hard to tell. I’m excited to hear what you guys think!

Regards,
    Nikita.

5 Digit Order of the Red Star5 Digit Order of the Red Star5 Digit Order of the Red Star5 Digit Order of the Red Star5 Digit Order of the Red Star5 Digit Order of the Red Star5 Digit Order of the Red Star

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 5 Digit Order of the Red Star
    P
    Many

?

Very nice. Any chance you can identify the owner?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten to getting it researched yet but I do plan to very soon. This order should be for actions in the first/early second half of 1942, so definitely looking forward finding out! I’ll post on this thread once I get it researched.

Regards,
    Nikita.

?

Hello, I think the last digit is 6, beautiful! Best regards, Peeloo

?

I agree as well. Last digit 6. I look forward to further reading on this wonderful badge. In my opinion the Russian items do not get the credit they deserve.

Tim

?

Beautiful screwpost base version! Pretty decent shape considering its age. It also seems to have its original screwplate which is an added bonus, those tend to get lost or repurposed over the years. I also agree the last digit is a '6'.

?

Sorry, but I don't think this is an original five-digit Red Star. It seems to be a late-war piece with the reverse sanded smooth (you can see the traces all over the reverse) and a new serial number added. The serial number doesn't even remotely look like the ones found in this serial number range.