Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161

Article about: I really shouldn't be spending anymore money on militaria for a while, but I saw this one online and couldn't resist! This Order of the Red Star makes my other look almost mint! It has reall

Default Re: BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161

I just added this Guards Badge to display with this ORS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161
    P
    Many

Super citation. Nice Guards badge too.

Good work guys.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Ade!

I am very happy with all three of my Red Stars. I think they represent a wide spectrum... rear echelon artillery officer, political commissar/ agitator, and now a nazi-bashing tank driver! I know the record is probably wildly exaggerated, but the citation claims that the tank driver killed ~100 German soldiers!

I am going to get the photos of the arty officer and commissar printed out... I will frame the pictures along with their respective ORS for display. Since my tank driver wasn't an officer, there was no service record with photo Auke to find... I found the Guards badge for sale cheap on fleabay... so I went for it! I figured that since the tank driver was a Guard, it would be nice to display his ORS with a Guards Badge!!

I should have checked before purchasing the Guards badge...

I know Ade said it's nice, but is it WWII vintage? Also, would it be proper for a Guards tank crewman to wear this badge?

Finally, does anyone know where I can pick up a loose screw plate for the Guards badge? Authentic is preferred, but repro would be ok as I plan to frame it and the back will never be seen.

Great awards Joe, I love the wording the Soviets used on everything, they could make putting the kettle on and then going for a sit down while it brews up sound like the storming of the Reichstag

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Great awards Joe, I love the wording the Soviets used on everything, they could make putting the kettle on and then going for a sit down while it brews up sound like the storming of the Reichstag
    Thanks, Krad!

I'm sure the citation stretched the truth a little for propaganda purposes... But still, there must be some truth to base it off of!

Either way, I am very happy to have this ORS in my collection!

Great Red Star, and wonderful results on your research! I have only had 2 researched, both were long service awards.

I didn't mean it to sound as if I was trivializing the citation, far from it. They just have a unique way with words, superlatives abound. I'd be proud of that one

Thanks, Roger!

I've been extremely lucky... no long service awards yet!

I get my Red Stars via collectrussia on ebay. He has pretty good prices and has been spot on with estimating when the stars were awarded. I have also found that he has been trustworthy in making sure to state which of his items are authentic and which are repros!

Out of curiosity, what do the citations say for long service Red Stars?

When I get the chance, I'll post them to show you. Right now I'm at work and they're not on this computer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast