Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake or heavily Repaired?

Article about: I think this one has had its enamel COMPLETELY replaced with a clear plastic (feels like it plus you can see the starches underneath), but the rest of it looks genuine to me, thoughts? Feel

?

Default Fake or heavily Repaired?

I think this one has had its enamel COMPLETELY replaced with a clear plastic (feels like it plus you can see the starches underneath), but the rest of it looks genuine to me, thoughts? Feel like I overpaid for it when I price out the whole lot of things I got (figure about $30).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or heavily Repaired?   Fake or heavily Repaired?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or heavily Repaired?
    P
    Many

?

Also it seems 'thin' relative to later ones (I picked up several last week)

The backside looks ok for this serial # range. But what a pity of that repaired enamel. I haven't seen a repair this ugly yet. $ 30 is still an ok price for a mid-war star.

It is a Type 6 V1.2 according to the following list:

http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/rs.htm

Quote by B618aa View Post
    Also it seems 'thin' relative to later ones (I picked up several last week)
    Is it possible to show a side-photo compared to other stars?

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Is it possible to show a side-photo compared to other stars?
    Nice link, it does seem to be a 'straight edge' which also probably makes the whole thing seem thinner, here it is against another one #1.4 million. I think it might actually have a slightly curved mint mark...so could be a 1.1?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or heavily Repaired?  

Thanks for the additional photo. Will check my own stars tomorow from both serial # ranges to see if there's similar difference in thickness.

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Thanks for the additional photo. Will check my own stars tomorow from both serial # ranges to see if there's similar difference in thickness.
    thanks, purchased a bunch of items at a so-so price (paid about $40 a star for the others in the group, not a bargain but so-so). Should have sat and looked closer. all the rest are in excellent shape.

Also I'm pretty convinced the OP is genuine with a very 'complete' enamel replacement......

It is quite common to see enamel replacements, both wartime as post-war. Some in a nice way, some in an ugly way. Here's my OPW I with very ugly replaced enamel on one of the star's rays. It is not even replaced enamel. It looks like it is just painted with some red paint, nothing fancy at all. But I guess it did the trick for the awardee haha

Fake or heavily Repaired?

?

The funny part is the replacement is very well laid down (smooth and even) just that they used a very clear tinted replacement where the color is off and you can see all the way through easily.....makes it look odd....hence my initial worries.

It does look odd yes but I think you won't have to worry about originality of this star.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast