Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503

Article about: Very nice award with provenance, thanks to Auke and the member you got this from I really like the description of his victories. Cant wait to see more info and hopefully a pic, as you said D

Default Re: New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503

Finally got around to ordering the research with Auke. Stay tuned.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503
    P
    Many

Looks great Ade!! I really don't know that much about Russian stuff yet. But with the help of my Forum friends I will pick it up.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi Guys, Auke has come up with the research in very quick time

When you read the citation you will see why I am really very pleased with this item.

Record card

Order booklet nr. 683707

1. Last name: Tretyak
    2. First name and patronymic: Aleksei Danilovich
    3. Military rank: Major
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1921
    6. Place of birth: Village of Kabanye, Kremennoye Raion, Voroshilovgrad Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since November 1947
    8. Education: Higher
    9. Nationality: Ukrainian
    10. Since which year in the Soviet Army: November 1939
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Student at the Air Force Academy
    12. Current place of service and position: Lecturer at the History of Warfare Department of K.Y. Voroshilov Red Banner Higher Air Force Engineering School in Riga
    13. Home address of the awardee: 1 Lomonosov Street, city of Riga
    14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
    Order of the Red Star 659503 Order booklet nr. 683707 Order of the 17th Air Army nr. 026 of June 11, 1944
    Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class 352222 Order booklet nr. 683707 Order of the 17th Air Army nr. 028 of March 22, 1945
    Medal for Combat Merit / Order booklet nr. 683707 Decree of November 15, 1950
    Medal for the Defense of Stalingrad / Permanent certificate nr. L-14201 Decree of December 22, 1942
    Medal for the Victory over Germany / Permanent certificate nr. Z-0034211 Decree of May 9, 1945
    Medal for the Capture of Budapest / Permanent certificate nr. A-048344 Decree of June 9, 1945
    Medal for the Liberation of Belgrade / Permanent certificate nr. A-011165 Decree of June 9, 1945
    Medal for the 30th Anniversary of the Soviet Army and Navy / / Decree of February 22, 1948
    Order of the Red Star 3357305 Decree of October 26, 1955

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Chief of the Personnel Section
    Major [signed] /Yegorov/
    April 25, 1951

Order

Secret
    Copy nr. 1

Order

Of the 17th Air Army, 3rd Ukrainian Front

June 11, 1944 – Nr. 026/N – Active Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, for the exemplary accomplishment of combat missions in the struggle with the German invaders and the valor and bravery displayed in the process, I award:

[…]

The Order of the Red Star to:

[…]

60. Senior Lieutenant Aleksei Danilovich Tretyak, senior officer on duty in charge of long-range flights in the Operations Section of the staff of the 17th Air Army

[…]

Commander of the 17th Air Army
    Colonel General of Aviation [signed] /Sudets/

Chief of staff of the 17th Air Army
    Major General of Aviation [signed] /Korsakov/

Chief of the Personnel Section of the 17th Air Army
    Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Dergachov/

Award sheet

All fields to be filled out fully

[Pencil note: Red Star]

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Tretyak, Aleksei Danilovich
    2. Rank: Senior Lieutenant
    3. Position and unit: Senior officer on duty in charge of long-range flights in the Operations Section of the staff of the 17th Air Army
    Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
    4. Year of birth: 1921
    5. Nationality: Ukrainian
    6. Party affiliation: Candidate member of the Communist Party
    7. Participation in the Patriotic War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): Since the first days of the Patriotic War
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Third-degree burns
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since 1938
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Rubezhnoye Raion
    11. Awards received previously (when and for which merits): Awarded the Medal for the Defense of Stalingrad
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:

Comrade Tretyak served at the front line as a navigator since the beginning of the war. He flew SB aircraft and conducted 10 combat sorties, with orders to destroy enemy troops and materiel. On July 21, 1941 he was shot down by enemy fighters, sustaining third-degree burns to his face and arms. He has been serving in the staff of the 17th Air Army as the Operations Section’s senior officer on duty in charge of long-range flights since November 1942.

In his duties comrade Tretyak showed himself an active officer, who is dedicated to the cause of the motherland. He personally supported over 1500 long-range sorties by both single aircraft and formations, without a single violation of orders or instructions occurring. He carries out his duties with passion and great skill.

Comrade Tretyak fully deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of the Long-Range Flights Section of the staff of the 17th Air Army
    Senior Lieutenant [signed] /Mironychev
    /

He deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of the Operations Section of the staff of the 17th Air Army
    Colonel [signed] /Komarov/
    April 29, 1944

He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of staff of the 17th Air Army
    Major General of Aviation [signed] /Korsakov/
    May 2, 1944

I award the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the 17th Air Army
    Colonel General of Aviation /Sudets/

By Order of the 17th Air Army nr. 026/N of June 11, 1944 awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of the Personnel Section of the 17th Air Army
    Major [signed] /Petrov/
    June 15, 1944

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503   New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503  

New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503   New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503  

New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503   New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

JMM
    ?

Yeap, we see why!
    Auke works very fast. He did the research for mine in less than a week
    I'm very glad that Auke can do this. Guess that the first thing one thinks after getting an Order of the Red Star is doing the research (one thing completes the other)
    Congrats on your item, Adrian

Very nice, Ade! Congrats! Good work, Auke!

As always, thanks for the kind comments.

Some info on the "SB" aircraft he flew. In Russian: Скоростной бомбардировщик – Skorostnoi Bombardirovschik – "high speed bomber", also known as the Tupolev ANT40.

PSC «Tupolev» - ANT-40 (SB)

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice award Ade and equally nice citation. Would be great to track down his other numbered awards to complete the set however the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Thanks Robin. I would love to re-unite his group.

Cheers, Ade.

I have now ordered the research on his service record. Hopefully we will have an update next week to this thread. Fingers crossed for a photo.

Cheers, Ade.

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on the pick-up.

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast