Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star № 1642730

Article about: Just recently acquired this one from Kohima. My first Order of the Red Star, most probably the first of many. I love the red enamel on these Soviet awards! It really makes them stand out. Th

Default Order of the Red Star № 1642730

Just recently acquired this one from Kohima. My first Order of the Red Star, most probably the first of many. I love the red enamel on these Soviet awards! It really makes them stand out. The serial number appears to be 1642730, placing the date for this award in the second half of 1945. The disc is made of cupro-nickel, and possibly original to this Star, though I am not entirely sure. It is a loose fit, but this may be common with Soviet screwback awards for all I know!

If anyone knows of a way to research the awardee, I'd be most grateful. I have a feeling this may be one of many which were awarded for 15 years of service, before the introduction of the 'Medal for Impeccable Service' in 1958.

Order of the Red Star № 1642730 Order of the Red Star № 1642730 Order of the Red Star № 1642730

Kind regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star № 1642730
    P
    Many

It's most likely a combat awarded Red Star.

Red Star # 1608159 was awarded on August 15 1945 for combat actions
    Red Star # 1649705 was awarded on August 18 1945 for combat actions

Screws were often lost and replaced so a loose fit is quite common with awards with replaced screws. Not really a problem and also doesn't really effect the value.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    It's most likely a combat awarded Red Star.

Screws were often lost and replaced so a loose fit is quite common with awards with replaced screws. Not really a problem and also doesn't really effect the value.
    Thank you for that, Marcel. Any idea where and how I could start looking for a specific recipient?

Regards, B.B.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Red Star #1644071- Awarded 18 Aug. 1945- 14th Air force

?

18th August is (was) airforce day in the Soviet Union, as well as Lilly Litvak’s birthday, and mine!

I probably should have kept that one!
    Ah, well... it’s in a good new home.

Kohima,

I suggest Matt Jansen at Sovietorders.com for research. Great individual and very trustworthy. I've used him for research on several occasions. He also assisted me in dealing with an issue where a vendor passed off a counterfeit group to me. Good guy.

Gerry C.

From the Still Hot High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Quote by Gerry C View Post
    Kohima,

I suggest Matt Jansen at Sovietorders.com for research. Great individual and very trustworthy. I've used him for research on several occasions. He also assisted me in dealing with an issue where a vendor passed off a counterfeit group to me. Good guy.

Gerry C.

From the Still Hot High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.
    I’m currently getting this award researched by him, along with two others. From what I’ve seen, he comes highly recommended. I look forward to seeing what he turns up. Of course, I’ll update the thread with the research if/when he digs it up.

B.B.