Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.

Article about: Got this Order of the Red Star a long time ago. Never really thought much of researching it until I bought my first wartime example, because I figured it was a long-service award. From looki

?

Default Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.

Got this Order of the Red Star a long time ago.

Never really thought much of researching it until I bought my first wartime example, because I figured it was a long-service award.

From looking at the dating chart, it seems this one falls into the range of a real award.

Dating puts it between 1967 and 1968.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.   Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.
    P
    Many

It's a Moscow Mint made star, probably awarded around 1952-1957 being a real award and not a long service award.

See http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/rs.htm

3592233 08.06.1967 Ранение
    3593135 08.06.1967 Ранение

Ранение= Wound (not 100% on that translation)

?

Got the rest of the research back.

Any help with translating these would be much appreciated because I can't read Russian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.   Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.  

Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.   Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.  

Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.   Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.  

Both Auke and Egorka do good translations and both charge good prices so best to contact them. It is quite a lot of work to do correct translations so paying a small fee is fair and understandable.

?

I contacted Egorka about the translations, and it was perfect and very reasonably priced.

Really like the layout he uses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star I bought long ago.