Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ors #2538282

Article about: Guys Please can you cast your trained eyes on this Star? I’m not sure about box as I have never seen one Many thanks Regards Nick

Default Ors #2538282

Guys

Please can you cast your trained eyes on this Star?

I’m not sure about box as I have never seen one Ors #2538282Ors #2538282Ors #2538282Ors #2538282Ors #2538282

Many thanks

Regards

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ors #2538282
    P
    Many

I've never seen a box like that either, but I'd say this Order of the Red Star is REAL.

JMM
    ?

First time I see the box too!
    Also think the star is original (Type 6, 1945?)
    But let's wait to see what others think (Auke, Garvy?)

I've never seen a box for a Red Star.

Red Star looks good to me.
    version 5.3 going off of Odysseus:
    http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/rs.htm

Late 1945 award.

I agree, it is a good late 1945 star. I am not sure about the box. Haven't seen this type of box for Red Stars (or any other awards for that matter). I think what is done here is that a (fake?) box from a 1985 awarded OPW I or II was taken which didn't had the sticker or stamp with a serial number on it. With a little search I've seen several of these exact boxes on Ebay with 1985 OPW's in it. All these boxes had the same "perforated" folding edges and the same imprint (from a staple??) on the floor of the box. I feel these are not the original boxes for these OPW's since these don't have these perforated edges and folding floor. This I can't confirm though since I am not aware of all variations of these 1985 boxes.

Thank you for your comments guys, this helps on my decision whether to purchase or not

Regards

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

If the price is right it is worth buying. This late star could perhaps come up with great research. Who knows it is for Berlin?! I usually pay around $ 40-60 for those late 1945 stars. So if the price is right it is worth it

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    If the price is right it is worth buying. This late star could perhaps come up with great research. Who knows it is for Berlin?! I usually pay around $ 40-60 for those late 1945 stars. So if the price is right it is worth it
    Thank you Marcel , good advice as always

Nick