Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Red star 1814229 question

Article about: It's to quiet in here. About a year ago this Red Star 1814229 sold on ebay for \\$200US which struck me as odd considering the serial number range. Does anyone have some ideas/thoughts about w

Default Red star 1814229 question

It's to quiet in here.

About a year ago this Red Star 1814229 sold on ebay for $200US which struck me as odd considering the serial number range.
    Does anyone have some ideas/thoughts about why this recieved so much attention?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red star 1814229 question   Red star 1814229 question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red star 1814229 question
    P
    Many

I’m not a expert on these but I’d imagine it’s just the fact that it’s eBay, I collect helmets and I always see ND ones on there going for way more then what their worth so I’d imagine this medal is in the same predicament.

It's a Platinapribor made star and there are sellers who ask a lot more for stars made by this factory. Completely unnecessary of course since the askingprice/saleprice is roughly double of what the price should be for an unresesarched star by Platinapribor. Plus, it was sold on Ebay, thé place for idiots to lose money fast.

Another possibility...the buyer knew that this specific star belonged to a high ranking officer, or full Cavalier of the Order of Glory or perhaps a HSU and thus bid more than what such a star would bring otherwise.
    Myself I also keep track of such facts when possible so I am pretty sure more collectors do this.

agreed, could be any number of reasons....or none at all.....it is in a stretch of late war combat awards.
    how shall we enliven the forum?

I agree, it's been quite dead here recently. Will add a new grouping here to start bringing the Soviet part of the forum back to live again...hopefully

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Another possibility...the buyer knew that this specific star belonged to a high ranking officer, or full Cavalier of the Order of Glory or perhaps a HSU and thus bid more than what such a star would bring otherwise.
    Myself I also keep track of such facts when possible so I am pretty sure more collectors do this.
    Good comments by all.

Marcels comment sticks out to me and I can't help but wonder how many collectors out there have large data bases that puts the rest of us (well...me anyways) at a disadvantage.
    My 'Echoes of War' by Schmitt is full of stickies with added information I've pulled from forums, but I'm sure it's just a scratch of what some have.

?

Quote by Leaftree View Post
    Marcels comment sticks out to me and I can't help but wonder how many collectors out there have large data bases that puts the rest of us (well...me anyways) at a disadvantage.
    My 'Echoes of War' by Schmitt is full of stickies with added information I've pulled from forums, but I'm sure it's just a scratch of what some have.
    I myself have also compiled a rather large database and I'm sure many collectors do. I'm reminded of a late-war Red Banner that was on eBay recently. There's was no research with it, but I happened to have the serial number on file. The citation was phenomenal. It sold for more than $400 I believe, far above market value for a run-of-the-mill late-war Red Banner, so it's likely that at least several bidders possessed the same information.