Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586

Article about: Hi everyone. Soz little while ago Marcel posted a link that is really helpful when trying to identify what type/variant a red star is, and wether or not the details are ok. I will post the l

Default Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586

Hi everyone. So a little while ago Marcel posted a link that is really helpful when trying to identify what type/variant a red star is, and wether or not the details are ok. The link to the website is here: http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/rs.htm Anyways, after looking at this website, I believe that I have found an authentic Type 4 Var 1 Red Star from 1942. I personally believe it to be authentic, but the serial number “8” seems a bit off for me, so I’d like a 2nd opinion. Thanks. Also, was it common for the soldier to repair broken enamel on their medals?

Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 07-27-2019 at 05:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586
    P
    Many

Here is a comparison of the number 8 on the red star posted above and another example of a T4 V1 #68402:

Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586

?

Being hand engraved, by many different people, there will naturally be much variation in the numerals.
    Repair to chipped and damaged enamel is certainly not unusual. It all depends upon how the veteran feels about it...

Thank you. I thought that as well, but I guess I’m just paranoid

Engravers can sometimes be recognised by their style through numeral intervals. I guess they worked shifts or had their range to engrave. You sometimes find the unique feats, like in this case the open top of the "8".

Repaired enamel is quite common with Red Stars but also Red Banners, Orders of Patriotic War etc.

Hi all. Sorry I haven’t been really on the forum at all in the past 1-2 months, as I have been studying for a bunch of tests and quizzes (and I still am). Here’s an update to this order: so as ironic as it is (since this order has a lot of repairs already) I handed over this red star to my friend who as visiting me, and he was handling it and looking at it, and he dropped it onto my drawer, shattering another star point. I am VERY pissed off right now, and I have been under stress prior to this due to school. So, how can I repair it? I will provide a before and after photo below.

Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586Red Star Type 4 Var. 1 #67586

That's too bad!
    I don't think you can do much about it. Having it profesionally restored will probably be more expensive than buying a replacement.
    You can try to repair it with nail polish, as many veterans used to repair their awards.
    But I don't think it will look much better than.

Best to give it to your friend and let him buy a new one for you ;-)

That's f*cked up. That is also the reason why no one touches my collection haha
    I wouldn't repair it but leave as is. A repair will not make it look much better. Plus let your friend pay you a new one on top for this stupidity.

And what ***** the most is that he just had to drop one of my most expensive pieces, as this red star is such a low serial #!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast