Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver real or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, pls can you tell me your opinion about this 1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver? Im think i saw simillar here in the past and because of font size and its shape it was determin

Default 1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver real or fake?

Hello everyone,
    pls can you tell me your opinion about this 1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver? Im think i saw simillar here in the past and because of font size and its shape it was determine like fake.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver real or fake?
    P
    Many

I'm pretty sure this one is a fake. I do know the lettering should be raised.
    I will post photos of an original 1st pattern Mutterkruez when I get home today.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I'm pretty sure this one is a fake. I do know the lettering should be raised.
    I will post photos of an original 1st pattern Mutterkruez when I get home today.
    Ralph.
    My mistake, the lettering is not raised but, the one originally posted is still not original.
    Here are photos of an original, credit to RonR.
    Ralph.

1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver real or fake?1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silver real or fake?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I agree with Ralph, this one is a fake.

It would be nice if we could get a higher resolution photo that could be expanded so we can see the stippling below the enamel.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

@rbminis - Thanks for photo! Font look totally differen. Because it was awarded for such a short time i dont think that were more designs..

@Map Understand, but this is best photo what i can get :/ Its from one auction house, i asked for better pictuters and this is what i got... But as guys says i agree, this one looks like fake... unfortunately. Its first time , what i see 1st pattern for sale...

MAP
    ?

Here are some other photos of supposed originals.

To me, one of the other key factors beyond the inscription is to look at the stippling under the enamel.

The Cross of Honour of the German Mother - Militaria History
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just for info , hammer price was 300 eur + 20% fee... So i suppose people don't trust it..