Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

25-year SS long service medal

Article about: hey eveybody, i was wondering about a medal i found for sale. i want to make an offer on it but im not sure how much its worth. i dont have any pictures of it at the moment, but i know that

Default 25-year SS long service medal

hey eveybody, i was wondering about a medal i found for sale. i want to make an offer on it but im not sure how much its worth. i dont have any pictures of it at the moment, but i know that its a 25-year SS long service medal. how much are these worth in good condition?

even a ballpark would be helpful... because i really have no idea on the value or rarity of these medals.

thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25-year SS long service medal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 25-year SS long service medal

It's very rare. I think about 32-3500euro.
    Get some good pictures from the seller, and post them here.

Like Snni said they are rare and the price shows it. You can look at several web sites and see they go anywhere from $3000 USD to 3800 USD.

Jay

good lord i think i might have hit a gold mine then... i will try to get some pictures of it. i think its a good one but i will leave it for you all to decide. the seller doesnt know what it is or its value.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    good lord i think i might have hit a gold mine then... i will try to get some pictures of it. i think its a good one but i will leave it for you all to decide. the seller doesnt know what it is or its value.
    there is alot of fakes of this medal so make sure.

?

Post it for opinions before you hand any cash over. As the others have said, heavily faked, worth a small fortune and remember, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree, tread very carefully with this one !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

well from my experience its better to start negotiating a deal even if you dont know if its real or not... then when you show a lot of interest you can get the better pictures so that you have a little extra time to make a decision. he seems to be amazed by my offer of 150 dollars. i would feel bad if the guy hadnt have received it along with a ton of other high-end rewards in an estate sale. apparently the original owner committed suicide and so the wife decided that she wanted to get rid of all of her husbands "nazi stuff" so he got them all for a couple hundred dollars. this guy was apparently a high end collector only as you can see.

heres a couple pictures of the stuff he has. i know they arent very good, but its just to show you what ll he has. i will request pictures of the long service medal tomorrow. : )
    Attached Images Attached Images 25-year SS long service medal  25-year SS long service medal 

?

Actually (to my own small experience) all SS long service awards discussed in this (or some other) military forum, were fake - unfortunately

?

Be very very careful.. Be sure to post it here before a money transfer!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast