Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.

Article about: What do you think gentelmen . Ribbon from 12 years long service look strange (for me it is too narrow ). Any opinions about them? Three different medals. Medal for 12 years of service is mad

Default 3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.

What do you think gentelmen . Ribbon from 12 years long service look strange (for me it is too narrow ). Any opinions about them? Three different medals.
    Medal for 12 years of service is made of iron (magnetic), silver without the ribbon is made of aluminum and the silver 4 years with ribbon is magnetic .3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-21-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 3 long service awards

I actually like everything here, nice condition they are in too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

FWIW, here are my 4 & 12 year LS awards.

3 Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht.

Very good condition, they appear to be unworn

very nice.

These Wehrmacht Verdienstorden are original and the ribbon is OK and normal. The silver plating is very thin and is often more worn than yours, which are nice. These arent a rare medal. In the 60s I saw a few at the Mainzer Flohmarkt, but they werent as common as the EKII and 1914-18 medal. (That last was given to over 3 million recipients and was so common I even found one at the DUMP outside Mainz! )

?

Narrow ribbons were used for ribbon bars for example. It's possible the medal and piece of narrow ribbon could have been married up since the war. Everything I see here is original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....