MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

50 Jahre Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen for opinion

Article about: Hey, I've found this nice looking 50 year cross and hope it turns it to be authentic. Would appreciate your input. Jamie

Default 50 Jahre Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen for opinion

Hey,

I've found this nice looking 50 year cross and hope it turns it to be authentic.

Would appreciate your input.

Jamie

50 Jahre Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen for opinion 50 Jahre Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen for opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 50 Jahre Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen for opinion
    P
    Many

Researching this award has brought up some threads which suggest that this particular example may be one of the many recent reproductions from the old "Eastern bloc" countries. There are a number of giveaways, most noticeable is the difference in colour between the gold and silver of an original compared to that of the cross I posted. The one I have found is much paler and has no patina to speak of which, compared to authentic examples, is very strange. Even looking at the one I used to have I can see this difference clearly.

So, unless someone more knowledgeable than I (which shouldn't be difficult lol) comes along and says otherwise, I think this one is for the bin.

J

Hi Jamie, I had a quick glance at this earlier this morning and it troubled me too. But did not have time to look it up. I think you are correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Most of the 50 year awards I have seen have very faded gilding around the wreath, which is strange when you consider that the 40 year award is usually very well preserved with lots of gold gilding intact