Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman

Article about: Here's a really nice example of a Spanish Civil War Cross Breast Star awarded to Kurt Becker 1.26.36 Seville. Becker was a Gefrieter who served in K/88 which was the bomber wing of the Legio

Default Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman

Here's a really nice example of a Spanish Civil War Cross Breast Star awarded to Kurt Becker 1.26.36 Seville. Becker was a Gefrieter who served in K/88 which was the bomber wing of the Legion Condor. Unfortunately, Gefr. Becker died a year later in Seville of illness.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman   Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman  

Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman   Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Al Merito En Campana Breast Star to Luftwaffe Airman
    P
    Many

Really nice. And with the added value of identifying its owner. I congratulate you.

Santi

MAP
    ?

Don't know anything about these but have seen them and always liked them.

Very nice! Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like it. Rather cool having the recipients name engraved on it. K/88 isn't as glamorous as J/88 the fighter wing of the legion. I'm actually going to let the piece go I think.

?

These in general are very nice awards, but attributed to a LC member makes it much more desirable. I have two types in my collection, a type one produced between 1938 and 1942, and a type two produced after 1942. Neither one is attributed to an individual but they make an impressive display.

They are magnificent Aldo!

?

Thank you, there is a lot of variations in how these were produced. This could easily be a nice niche for a focused collector. Thanks for posting yours.

Al

Having this piece that is Legion Condor issue does add a much greater value to it. It essentially makes it a German issued award

Hi Aldo, I suppose I'm lucky to have one attributed to a German soldier. I'm very fortunate to have so many nice items in my collection. I have a great many Panzer wraps and tunics etc.... I actually feel a bit guilty for owning such nice stuff. I have pieces that belong in a museum!