MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review

Article about: Hello to all! I wanted to hear some opinions on the authenticity of this badge please. It is maker marked "A" on the reverse center behind pin in raised letter, and on the reverse

Default Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review

Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for reviewAssman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for reviewAssman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for reviewAssman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for reviewAssman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review Hello to all! I wanted to hear some opinions on the authenticity of this badge please. It is maker marked "A" on the reverse center behind pin in raised letter, and on the reverse of the upper left wing of the eagle. Compared to others in previous threads I think it may have a chance? Overall the badge has very nice detail and patina but unfortunately the catch is broke. Looking foreword to any and all opinions. As usual many thanks in advance and best regards.
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-08-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review
    P
    Many

I'm not a flak badge collector, but I do have one but not this make, and from what I can see I would not buy this one. The detail is not great at all. Lets see what others have to say.

I'm no expert on these either but the eagle has a comedy head, also the swastika is as rough as hell!...

Pictures are a bit limited and too dark to be 100%, but it stands a chance imo, you just need decent shots that are focussed, straight on and taken in daylight.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'm no expert on these either but the eagle has a comedy head, also the swastika is as rough as hell!...
    Hi Gunny,

The head is correct for a late war zinc Assmann flak. Finish of the cross is also thereabouts for this late period.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Gunny,

The head is correct for a late war zinc Assmann flak. Finish of the cross is also thereabouts for this late period.

Regards, Ned.
    Wow standards had dropped a bit!...
    Cheers Ned!....

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Gunny,

Regards, Ned.
    Really? Wow, I wouldn't have touched this thing with a ten foot pole. Good thing I put in the ol' "lets see what others say." I'll be quiet now.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Wow standards had dropped a bit!...
    Cheers Ned!....
    No problem, everybody gets one.

Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review

?

Looks like a good Assmann to me with possibly a repaired catch ?

?

here is my Tombak Assmann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review   Assman marked Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen for review  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast