Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hi, I am new to the forum and after so advise please anti-partisan badge real or fake ?

?

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber

Hi,

I am new to the forum and after someBandenkampfabzeichen in SilberBandenkampfabzeichen in SilberBandenkampfabzeichen in Silber advise please anti-partisan badge real or fake ?Bandenkampfabzeichen in SilberBandenkampfabzeichen in SilberBandenkampfabzeichen in SilberBandenkampfabzeichen in Silber
    Last edited by Toolus; 05-03-2015 at 12:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum.. I am sure you will get some replies soon.. Hang tight.. Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks will do. Scott

Hi and welcome here in WRF,

can you please post additional pics from the hinge and catch please, to be sure? In this way....

Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber  

?

Hi,

I have uploaded the pics see above thanks.

Thanks for the additional pics.

In my opinion it is a nicely made fake Bandenkampfabzeichen.

Joe

?

Thanks, not the news I was hoping for back to the books...

Hi Toolus,

I'm not comfortable with this APB being a type 1 with the flawed right hand hydras cheek having a needle pin. Although some were produced, nearly all had a this type has been heavily faked and that's a warning sign. For me the details and cut outs appear to be rather soft and the failure to separate the left hand hydra's nose from the the centre section is odd, although I have seen stranger missed finishing points on other types of badges so it may just be an oversight.

My biggest concern is the the flattened area at the top of the badge. This isn't found on genuine type 1 badges and has been added by the fakers to make up the deficit in measurements that causes re cast fake pieces to be significantly smaller than the accepted norm. Is it possible you could measure VERY ACCURATELY the height and width at the furthest points it would be a big help, but I must stress the accuracy, we're talking in millimetres and tenths thereof if you can. The weight would also help if you have scale accurate enough. The accepted size of a type 1 badge is 59.1mm x 50.8mm with a tolerance of around +/- 0.6mm, weights vary by a fair amount but somewhere around 26.5 grammes is a ball park figure.

These are just my opinions, this ones a hard call but the various points I've made are all there and that's what concerns me here.

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: Da man has spoken!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Toolus View Post
    Thanks, not the news I was hoping for back to the books...
    I would urge you to return it to the vendor for a refund if at all possible, I would imagine you're in the hole for a lot of money on this one correct?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well explanation Ned.

I think you spotted out the red flags and generally you are right too imo, that the type 2 APB is sometimes hard to spot, based with pics only, if good or bad. Excellent fakes around. A hand inspection can you normaly say relatively fast, if the badge is good or not. The set-up is also a red flag imo.

Measurements are helpful too of course.

It is the same type of Bandenkampfabzeichen ( type 2.1) i have posted here some weeks ago. Have made now some actually own pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast