Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

bronze SA-Sportabzeichen by W. Redo

Article about: Hi all, here is a bronze SA Sports badge by W. Redo I would like some feedback on if possible. Appears to have the correct catch + all when compared to originals in other threads. This examp

Default bronze SA-Sportabzeichen by W. Redo

Hi all, here is a bronze SA Sports badge by W. Redo I would like some feedback on if possible. Appears to have the correct catch + all when compared to originals in other threads. This example appears to have also been repaired. Not sure if that raises any flags or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bronze SA-Sportabzeichen by W. Redo
    P
    Many

Just found this reproduction on Reddick Militaria. The repro's are getting good.

MAP
    ?

I'm certainly not an expert on these. But you need to pay close attention to the lettering on the rear. For Redo's I have seen a few different variations. Which is correct? I'm not sure. Different dies? Or fakes?

Here is one of Ralph's. Look at the "U" with the umlaut in Fuhrung. Seems to match up well. But other letters on yours are thicker and softer.

Just something to help in your search.

Bronzes SA-Sportabzeichen, Werner Redo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

@MAP I don't get a good feeling about mine when I compare it to Ralph's. I find mine is closer to that reproduction I posted photos of. Of course that doesn't mean mine is a reproduction but still concerning. One thing I noticed about mine compared to Ralph's & others deemed original is that the "E" in "REDO" is noticeably larger than the R-D-O where as Ralph's lettering is consistent.

I did look @ a few other examples prior to posting & I did notice variations in the text. I'm not a big fan of that much variation honestly so I will likely pass on this in favor of a badge by a different maker where the differences between original & reproduction are a little more black and white.

MAP
    ?

I wish I could provide more but I just know that with these awards there are lots of fakes. So unless I can find a textbook one, I wouldn't take a chance.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

IMO, yours is original.
    Compare the shape of the tip, and the length of the pin.
    Yours appears shorter than mine because your hinge has been re-soldered on at an angle away from the catch.
    The Reddick copy also appears to have more space between the bottom of the wreath and the sword pommel.
    Ralph.

P.S. Your example appears to be a silver grade.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Fake rust? I ended up getting this badge solely so I'd have a comparison when my other SA Sports badges arrive (weight etc.) next week. However, the rust on this piece is a little concerning. Is fake rust a real thing? It seems clumpy & above the surface of the metal. Thoughts anyone? The rust near the repair is also a very dark crimson red which I haven't noticed on other rusted metals before. The pin is also suspect as it has a coppery shimmer to it. The pictures don't quite capture it. I guess it's time to buy a legit camera instead of relying on my S20!

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm certainly not an expert on these. But you need to pay close attention to the lettering on the rear. For Redo's I have seen a few different variations. Which is correct? I'm not sure. Different dies? Or fakes?

Here is one of Ralph's. Look at the "U" with the umlaut in Fuhrung. Seems to match up well. But other letters on yours are thicker and softer.

Just something to help in your search.

Bronzes SA-Sportabzeichen, Werner Redo
    I took some up-close photos to illustrate how jagged the edges are. My other vetted SA sport's badge has very clean edges & doesn't look poorly cast like this one does.

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    I took some up-close photos to illustrate how jagged the edges are. My other vetted SA sport's badge has very clean edges & doesn't look poorly cast like this one does.
    These photos do make it appear to be a cast copy.
    Always a good idea to get the best photos you can, before you purchase.

How good is their return policy?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast