Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

BSW Frontflugspange für Aufklärer in Silber - Luftwaffe Reconnaissance Clasp in Silver

Article about: One of 4 clasps that arrived this past weekend. See link below that was moved to the collection forum for backstory and Vet provenance with You Tube Video showing the vet pulling these and d

MAP
    ?

Default BSW Frontflugspange für Aufklärer in Silber - Luftwaffe Reconnaissance Clasp in Silver

One of 4 clasps that arrived this past weekend.

See link below that was moved to the collection forum for backstory and Vet provenance with You Tube Video showing the vet pulling these and dozens of other awards out of a shoe box.

A set of Frontflugspanges

A nice zinc Silver Reconnaissance badge by BSW. A rare maker for clasps. Only known to make the reconnaissance version. It has the typical hinge and pin but the catch is a variant I have not seen before (typically a round base plate). I would assume this to be a very late war variant.

Plenty of silver left but some being absorbed by the zinc.

Maker marked BSW on the reverse.

BSW Frontflugspange für Aufklärer in Silber - Luftwaffe Reconnaissance Clasp in Silver

Last edited by MAP; 07-06-2021 at 08:46 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BSW Frontflugspange für Aufklärer in Silber - Luftwaffe Reconnaissance Clasp in Silver
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Great group of clasps Micheal and gone to a good home. When Fraser sent me a photo I thought of you, lol. Thought there was a Retired Pilots badge in the mix, but I think I was mistaken. Your Luftwaffe collection must be almost complete, I look forward to seeing it. Stay safe.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Great group of clasps Micheal and gone to a good home. When Fraser sent me a photo I thought of you, lol. Thought there was a Retired Pilots badge in the mix, but I think I was mistaken. Your Luftwaffe collection must be almost complete, I look forward to seeing it. Stay safe.
    Thanks Chris.

It was a pretty incredible find. not sure if I remember seeing the retired Pilots badge. I will have to look again. I did see the glider badge (I already have one though).

I have all of the qualification badges (with the exception of the retired pilots) and now 5 clasps. Just need three more to complete the set. Slow and steady. Eventually I will finish it all off.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Yes, I think I mistook the Glider Pilot’s badge for Retired Pilots.
    Good hunting and I’m keeping an eye out for one, but literally a Rare Bird.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Yes, I think I mistook the Glider Pilot’s badge for Retired Pilots.
    Good hunting and I’m keeping an eye out for one, but literally a Rare Bird.
    Rare bird indeed and uber expensive. Which is why I never put in on my "to get list".......but if one pops up.... LoL

MAP
    ?

Together with their brethren