Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

camera advice please

Article about: Sorry guys if I,ve posted this in the wrong section i know we are not professional photographers , but I feel that you guys will be able to help, maybe you can tell me if this camera will do

Default camera advice please

Sorry guys if I,ve posted this in the wrong section i know we are not professional photographers , but I feel that you guys will be able to help, maybe you can tell me if this camera will do the trick for taking detailed pictures of medals . Its a Nixon S6100 coolpix (16mp,7x Optical Zoom). Its £100.
    Photography has never been another one of my strong points and i don’t want to waste money on a rubbish camera that wont do the trick.
    I hope you understand, there is so much to choose from on the market . Or is there anything in that kind of price range that you can recommend.
    Thanks again
    Rod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement camera advice please
    P
    Many

Default Re: camera advice please

Hi Rod, any new camera will do the trick. Most have a Macro setting, which is what you need.

My camera is almost ten years old and still does the job.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

One of my friends used to use a cheap nikon, and as far as I know it was quite a good little camera. If you go onto websites such as amazon you will find a number of reviews and details of the camera's settings. As Ade has said most modern cameras are fitted with a macro setting for doing close ups, so the nikon should be fine

Just remember to use a single colour background such as white, and to try and photograph the medals in natural light

Thanks

Danny

?

Rod,
    I use a bog standard Kodak EasyShare C1013. Nothing fancy, very simple. The camera is only part of a good photo, take a look at the pinned photo tips thread for some ideas on how to get the best from your photos.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks guys.
    She was looking to get me a late xmas present, guilt maybe! . and this one does have macro.I will have another look about, or she can spoil me tomorrow. Then I will be really bugging all of you on here with my daft questions lol.

Thanks again
    Rod