Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Das Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Badge - Authentic WW2?- Opinions please...

Article about: I recently came across this Das Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Badge for Sale. I have a few questions and was hoping to get some comments on it. It appears to be genuine and from WW2 to me..

Default Das Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Badge - Authentic WW2?- Opinions please...

I recently came across this Das Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Badge for Sale. I have a few questions and was hoping to get some comments on it.

It appears to be genuine and from WW2 to me.... I "think" it might have been made by Wilhelm Deumer / Ludenscheid?? I could be wrong?? I don't see any specific "Maker marks," but I might not know where to look?
    Also, from what I have read, I understand Deumer had made some Tombak versions, but i don't know how to tell (visually) if this is Tombak or something else?....I don't think it is, but I don't know Tombak that well??

When I saw it, I noticed the "clear" residue around the pivot on the pin catch mount. I "had" thought the mount might have broken loose at some point and someone "super glued?" it back onto the back side of the Badge (especially, since I had thought that the catch mount should normally be "standing up" and this one appeared to be on its side....After looking at some Badge example photos, I noticed that mounted on it "side" is the way this was actually done from the Maker.....Maybe it still "broke loose" and the clear residue is (in fact) some type of super glue??....or....Do you think it's just some "goo" that I need to delicately clean off?

I'd really appreciate any comments, regarding the Badges authenticity, Maker name, or any issues / concerns anyone might have.

Thanks in advance.
    Harold

P.S........... Sorry the Photos are sideways....Don't know why they are posting that way and not Vertical.

Das Kriegsabzeichen  für Minensuch Badge - Authentic WW2?- Opinions please...Das Kriegsabzeichen  für Minensuch Badge - Authentic WW2?- Opinions please...Das Kriegsabzeichen  für Minensuch Badge - Authentic WW2?- Opinions please...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Kriegsabzeichen  für Minensuch Badge - Authentic WW2?- Opinions please...
    P
    Many

?

Original zinc Deumer. The hinge might have been re-attached at some point. It certainty looks like it from the photos.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That's what I was thinking Adrian. Thank you!....Love the Site! Always GREAT help and Info!

CBH
    ?

If you crop your photos before uploading them to the site, it should correct the problem.