Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Demjansk Shield - Genuine example?. Thank you.

Article about: Afternoon , i saw this rather attractive looking Demjansk shield for sale. It has a lovely Patina. I would love to buy it , and it would be a nice challenge to try and get all the campaign s

?

Default Demjansk Shield - Genuine example?. Thank you.

Afternoon , i saw this rather attractive looking Demjansk shield for sale. It has a lovely Patina.
    I would love to buy it , and it would be a nice challenge to try and get all the campaign shields if possible.
    Could any of you gents please let me know if this is an honest genuine example please. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Demjansk Shield - Genuine example?. Thank you.
    P
    Many

Hi Jimm, those two pictures are very bad and extremely blurry, especially picture of the obverse, but I think that it is genuine shield made by unknown manufacturer 4.5, although I would not recommend to you to buy that shield, unless you get some much better and clearer photos from seller, so we can be absolutely sure regarding its originality.

Best regards,
    Franko

There is one very good fake which is based on 4.5 type of the Demjansk shield, known as Serif J fake. The main difference between that fake of the 4.5 type and original 4.5 type is letter J and on example which you have posted that letter J looks correct, just like on genuine examples and because of that I think it is genuine piece. One more thing which is very important, fake is made in zinc so it is nonmagnetic and original is made in steel and it is magnetic. You should also ask seller is that piece magnetic or not.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Thanks for the reply Franko you are a legend. The seller says it is Magnetic. Shall i go for it?. Thank you so much for the great help my friend.

?

Another picture of the front sent by the seller looks good?.

If it is magnetic than it is most probably genuine piece, and although I would really like to see some clear obverse photo, I think that you should buy it. I really can not see anything wrong with this shield.

Best regards,
    Franko

He obviously do not know how to take some decent picture, but yes, it is good one. It is genuine 4.5 Demjansk shield made by unknown producer.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Thank you Franko , you look after me my friend. Very much appreciated. Just sorting the deal out now £290 GBP no idea if that is a good price. But it felt like a reasonable price. Thank you.

Agree a good one, unknown manufacturer type 4.5 as already stated

One of the shields that were fake has a propeller that appeared to be in motion. I learned that lesson real early! One of the only ways to learn is if it costs you and the more it costs you, the better you learn!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast