Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle Medals of Merit 1937-45

Article about: Here's a rare bird! I have this lovely 2nd type bronze medal 1943-45 without swords Order of the German Eagle with the original envelope. The ring is marked 30 for the firm of Hauptmunzamt,

Default Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle Medals of Merit 1937-45

Here's a rare bird! I have this lovely 2nd type bronze medal 1943-45 without swords Order of the German Eagle with the original envelope. The ring is marked 30 for the firm of Hauptmunzamt, Wien.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45   Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45  

Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45   Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45  

Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45   Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45  

Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutches Verdienstmedaille Order of the German Eagle  Medals of Merit 1937-45
    P
    Many

?

Hello, nice bird. Raul

Nice - but odd how the brass ring seems to have rust on it? ( Maybe some metal wire had been tied to it in the past that corroded? )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's in unissued condition , but as we all know the ravages of time gets to us all. The rust us where the ring lies under the medal.

I'm probably going to let this piece go also. Time to cut the collection down a bit

It is an original late period medal made of zinc. For this reason, it has lost the bronze bath that covered it ... with the passage of time, the zinc ends up absorbing this bronze bath.
    I am not a friend of bronze decorations but the envelope is very interesting to me