Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Verdienstmedaille

Article about: Hi All, Been a fair while since I've posted anything on this here, been busy with new jobs and a hectic year, so I hope everyone's well. I picked this up recently from a fairly local antique

Default Deutsche Verdienstmedaille

Hi All,

Been a fair while since I've posted anything on this here, been busy with new jobs and a hectic year, so I hope everyone's well.

I picked this up recently from a fairly local antique shop but it began to throw up concerns as to how the ring has been replaced/isn't marked and just posting to get more expert opinions.
    I made sure to get a receipt just in case as I don't often collect german militaria and I'm not always sure in what I'm looking at

Deutsche VerdienstmedailleDeutsche VerdienstmedailleDeutsche VerdienstmedailleDeutsche Verdienstmedaille

Thanks in advance,
    Matt K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Verdienstmedaille
    P
    Many

Just some more photos, hopefully a bit better. There's no markings on the rim of the medal nor the ring
    Deutsche VerdienstmedailleDeutsche VerdienstmedailleDeutsche VerdienstmedailleDeutsche Verdienstmedaille

Better lighting and a, hopefully, better camera
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Verdienstmedaille   Deutsche Verdienstmedaille  

Deutsche Verdienstmedaille   Deutsche Verdienstmedaille  

Deutsche Verdienstmedaille   Deutsche Verdienstmedaille  

Whilst not definitive it does pass the blacklight/UV test.

?

I know nothing about these medals but a couple of observations, the edge looks very rough and unfinished which is not a good sign and the surface looks quite pitted?
    I hope someone else can offer some thoughts.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I know nothing about these medals but a couple of observations, the edge looks very rough and unfinished which is not a good sign and the surface looks quite pitted?
    I agree with Adrian.
    If original, there is no way this medal has been kept in the case all of this time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you both, unfortunately I doubt I can get any money back but it was at that "too good to be true" price, and it could be just that.

Thanks again,
    Matt