Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber

Article about: Good afternoon everybody. Thanks to covid, this is only my second purchase this year, but as they say, quality, not quantity. I have been after one of these for many years now. The Deutsches

Default Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber

Good afternoon everybody. Thanks to covid, this is only my second purchase this year, but as they say, quality, not quantity. I have been after one of these for many years now.

The Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber was institued in 1930 and was then awarded from 1931 to 1942. It is believed that some may have been awarded until 1945. In total ,only 1,940 of these were awarded after two placements in horse driving examinations or 4 entries in trap competitions.

I have photographed it against different background colours to try to capture the beauty of it. During the early period, the award was made of either silver plated bronze, or real silver. This example has still got all of it's silver and may even be made of silver, but I am no expert in metallurgy, so any opinion on that matter would be welcome. This is certainly not made of zinc, which appeared towards the end of the war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber   Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber  

Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber   Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber  

Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber   Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen 2 Klasse in Silber
    P
    Many