Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen im Bronze

Article about: Morning all, just thought I would share with you this rare as the proverbial "rocking horse s9.;" award that I have winging it's way over to me. It is the German horse drivers badg

Default Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen im Bronze

Morning all, just thought I would share with you this rare as the proverbial "rocking horse s9.;" award that I have winging it's way over to me. It is the German horse drivers badge in bronze and I can't say that I have seen one of these on offer for quite some time. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen im Bronze   Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen im Bronze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen im Bronze
    P
    Many

It makes a nice change to see an original one Leon.
    Good looking badge with the right amount of patina.

Cheers
    Doug

very nice badge.

MAP
    ?

Now that is something you don't see anyday (not even everyday)! Nice job!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks fella's for your positive words, i personally feel these are underated, especially as the SA and SS at the time held them in high regard! I read many years ago that there were around 100,000 Reiter awards of all classes awarded during the Reich period, just how many of them were these Fahrerabzeichen though I would like to know, as they seem to be out numbered significantly by the standard Reiter award. Leon.

Very nice.

I only have the post-war version (without the Reichsverband's "R" logo) in bronze and silver, made by Steinhauer & Lück (as far as I know the sole post-war manufacturer).

Hope it is alright if I add them here for comparison:

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Very nice.

I only have the post-war version (without the Reichsverband's "R" logo) in bronze and silver, made by Steinhauer & Lück (as far as I know the sole post-war manufacturer).

Hope it is alright if I add them here for comparison:

More than alright my friend, your input is ever always welcome, an expert in your field! Thanks, Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I read many years ago that there were around 100,000 Reiter awards of all classes awarded during the Reich period, just how many of them were these Fahrerabzeichen though I would like to know, as they seem to be out numbered significantly by the standard Reiter award.
    While searching for something completely different in my old backissues of the Internationales Militaria-Magazin, I stumbled upon an article on the Fahrerabzeichen in the 2008 Sept./Oct. issue.

That article lists the following award numbers up until 1945:

• 17,376 Bronze
    • 1,940 Silver
    • 63 Gold

That's great information! Thanks for posting it, it really is most appreciated. Just goes to show how few of these there are compared to the Reiter awards, just what I was looking for. Leon.

this my collection "fahrerabzeichen"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Fahrerabzeichen im Bronze