Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?

Article about: Dear Fellow Collectors, I hope I have posted my thread at the right place this time. I have read the link that Mr. rbminis kindly sent me. I cannot find the terminology for the German Cross,

Default Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?

Dear Fellow Collectors,

Since I cannot change the title, therefore, at least I should write it here.

Please help me with this Deutsches Kreuz in Gold.

I hope I have posted my thread at the right place this time. I have read the link that Mr. rbminis kindly sent me. I cannot find the terminology for the German Cross, therefore I used the name that I believe might be correct.

In this post, I hope to get an answer about whether if this is a wartime piece. According to my friends and my own understanding, I am almost sure this is a real piece, at least it is indeed from Zimmerman. However, I am not sure that if this is a wartime piece so I come here to look for more experienced collectors' opinions. Nevertheless, I do hope fellow collectors could inform me if you spot anything that looks wrong to you.

I do not ask for value estimation and do not wish to offend the dealer. I am here purely because I know my knowledge is shallow, and I hope I am spending money on wartime items.

Thank you,
    Best regard,
    William

Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?
    Last edited by PanzerDivision1; 12-14-2021 at 10:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?
    P
    Many

Quote by PanzerDivision1 View Post
    I cannot find the terminology for the German Cross, therefore I used the name that I believe might be correct.
    Thank you.
    It is there, right below the Kriegsverdienstkreuz.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you,

It is because of the link that you sent me last time. It guides me to a thread only considering a couple of names in German. However, after searching, I do find the original thread. I will use those names from now on.

Thanks again,

I believe this is an original "light 20" DKIG by C.F. Zimmermann, but I don't really study these.
    I would like to hear other opinions from some of our other members.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I do wish the photos could be expanded. I would like a closer look at the hinge as well as the flaw in the star burst. I can however see (somewhat) the die flaw in the number "9".

I would speculate that the hinge plate may have come off and been re-solderer. It is sitting awfully high on the back of the award.

I'm think it is good. But will withhold a firm "A-OK" until expandable photos are available.

PS. I can't comment on the case.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Award is original in my opinion. PY.

raz
    ?

I agree with Ralph and Michael on this one . You can compare with my Zimmermann .

Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?Deutsches Kreuz-20th CF carpenter Pforzheim? Post war or war time?

TWS
    ?

Appears to be a good "light" Zimmermann. I grabbed mine while looking at these photos and also noted the raised hinge plate before I saw MAP's comment, so we noticed the same thing independent of each other. Otherwise, I'd say it looks good.

Edit, also noticed catch plate was installed slightly off, not centered in the recess, resulting in one end sticking up a bit. My example is uniformly flat all around. It does appear to be an original plate and catch, however.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."